Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maludwick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2015, 07:28 AM
    Water pressure
    Replaced kitchen faucet, now in our upstairs bathroom sink only has very little water pressure
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 22, 2015, 07:41 AM
    Hello Maludwick,

Clean aerator at that upstair's bathroom sink. Aerator is the filter-like attachment mounted on tip of faucet's spout

Let's see if that helped

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2015, 02:09 PM
    See the image below for Aerator, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 22, 2015, 05:37 PM
    I know it appears to have bad pressure but it is actually low volume due to debris knocked loose when you did your kitchen work. John and Milo are right on the money but it can aklso be debris caught in the mixing valve in the batrhroom if the aerator doesn't fix it.
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Apr 22, 2015, 05:42 PM
    A plumbing upgrade - such as changing a faucet - can knock loose some debris and sediment in your water supply. Then, when you turn on your bathroom sink, it's swept "upstream" into the faucet, clogging it.

Clean the aerator first as others have suggested; if that doesn't work, come back and we'll walk you through flushing the fixture itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure great but VERY low cold water pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved into a trailer that is 16 years old. It is on a private lot so we are on a well. After moving the trailer on the lot we hooked the water up including holding tank. After getting trailer set up we discovered we have great hot water pressure but very little cold water. So I replaced...

Kohler K-304-K valve has plenty of cold water pressure, but no hot water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

So I just installed a K-304-k into a house. The house has been vacant for about 15 months now, so no one has been using the water. I came in and replaced the valve, and closed up the wall. I installed all the fixtures, and sure enough, no hot water. It comes out in a slow trickle. Here are...

Low cold water pressure, good hot water pressure on well system [ 0 Answers ]

Have a house on a well system. House is 24 years old, and over past year have noticed a continual decrease in cold water pressure. Hot water is fine. Well system maintains roughly a 42- 46 psi. The house has 40 psi at main line. House had flexible plastic water lines throughout, When flow...

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Does the pressure from the hot water tank effect the pressure of the cold water? [ 2 Answers ]

We have very low water pressure at our kitchen sink from both the cold and hot water faucets, but no problem with the water pressure to the bathroom or washer. The cold water tank is closest to the kitchen and the hot water heater is near the bathroom and washer. Someone told my roommate that there...

View more questions Search