Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill The Genie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2015, 07:13 PM
    Pricing floor stripping waxing
    Hi -
    I do new construction cleaning. I normally charge $0.21 - $0.24. This includes dusting, wet wiping cabinets, sweeping and mopping VCT as well as cleaning the windows. I am preparing to quote a private school. The VCT surface is about 31,000 square feet. (twenty class rooms, plus hall ways, plus 7,000 sf cafeteria). Virgin VCT is going to be installed. However, the owner claims there is a light film on new VCT and he wants the floors stripped, sealed and polished. The last time I did this I was in the US Navy 35 years ago. However, I have watched videos, so I am not concerned about doing the job. However, I do not know how to price it. I plan to use ZEP stripper, sealer and polish, which I calculate should cost about $1000 for material. However, application is very labor intensive.
    The construction site manager tells me he just finished a similar sized school and the cleaning crew had four days of steady work (between two and four employees). He will not give me any kind of target pricing - he wants me to quote first. Please advise the sf price for the strip, seal, and polish. Thanks. Bill

Check out some similar questions!

Pricing waxing and stripping floors in norfolk,va [ 1 Answers ]

I just started waxing and stripping floors. I live in norfolk,va and I wanted to know. How do I go about pricing jobs in my area?

How much to charge for stripping and waxing a floor? [ 5 Answers ]

How much to charge for stripping and waxing a high traffic burnished concrete floor @ a restaurant? Approx. 1357 sq. ft. El Paso, TX area

How to price a bid on a job stripping, waxing & buffing floor [ 4 Answers ]

I'm starting to work with a commercial cleaning company that has been dong subcontracting cleaning work for years. We want to submit our own bids for cleaning but do not know how to price a bid. Right now we would like help for bidding on a job stripping, waxing and buffing about 3000 sq ft once a...

How Much to Charge for Stripping and Waxing a Floor? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a start up cleaning company and I am wondering how much should I charge for stripping and waxing a floor at a day care center of about 3000 sq ft? Thank you for your time

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.