Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony Jr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2015, 04:25 PM
    How can I change my first name spelling on my Birth Certificate in Puerto Rico
    I want to change my first name its spelled wrong... example My name is Martina and they put Marta. How can I fix this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 08:10 PM
    Where do you live now? How old are you.

But no, your name is Marta, and that is the legal name you should have always been using, your nickname may be Martina but that is not your name. What you want and need to do, is make a name change to the name you want. (assuming you are an adult) Each nation or state if in US, has its own law on how to do this. It does not actually change your birth certificate but it does legally change your name.

Martina and they put Marta.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 22, 2015, 06:07 AM
    Normally, in the US, you file a petition in court (the state court for the state in which you reside or, if you are in PR, the courts of the Commonwealth of PR).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Puerto rico birth certificate name change [ 0 Answers ]

How do I change spelling of my name & amend my birth certificate? I was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico and have lived in Illinois since I was a child. Puerto Rico's Demographic Registry website doesn't appear to have a form/application on line and calling them has been unsuccessful due to lack of...

Birth certificate name change in puerto rico? After finding my bio dad [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and my step father gave me my step dad's last name but now that I know and have a relationship with my Bio dad whom lives in Puerto Rico. I'm 34 years and live in Arizona. What can we do to get my last name changed legally? Does my mother and I need to go to Puerto Rico for a blood test?...

My Birth Certificate from Puerto Rico spelling of first name is incorrect by 1 letter [ 1 Answers ]

All my US paperwork and social security is under the spelling I have been using all my life. Do I need to amend or change all ID with the name spelled on my PR Birth Certificate and also how does it effect applying for a passport?

View more questions Search