Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kokocorn Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2015, 02:49 PM
    Student loans
    My daughter is still in college but just curious as to how much she can expect to pay back in student loans on a monthly basis. I estimate her total when she graduates will be $37,000. Does anyone have an idea as to what her monthly payments will be? I know it depends of many things but just a rough estimate.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 02:53 PM
    Will she consolidate them? That's why my son did. I strongly suggest that. It will put everything at one interest rate. Then she can calculate her monthly payback.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 03:04 PM
    Is this In Canada or US. It makes a big difference to the answer.
    kokocorn Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2015, 03:21 PM
    She has one Perkins loan and two Stafford (Direct sub and unsub.). Can she consolidate all 3 into one or can she only consolidate the 2 Direct loans?

Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Is this In Canada or US. It makes a big difference to the answer.
    We're in the USA.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 03:24 PM
    Her college guidance or a financial aid officer can tell her what she can consolidate and how. My son did it in 1998, and the rules here and there may have changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still get government student loans while I have several loans in deferment? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there! Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm 22, and I have 3 student loans, one of them is with Direct Loan, the US Dept. of Ed, and 2 more with Wells Fargo. All 3 of these loans were past due 100 to 145 days. I recently had them all deferred due to economic hardship (they are NOT in default)....

Student Loans [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, Here's a little background on the situation. I enrolled in the University of Phoenix in 2007. Although I received a full Pell grant, I had to take out student loans through Sallie Mae to cover my classes. In 2008, I decided to drop two classes due to personal reasons. The University of Phoenix...

Student Loans [ 1 Answers ]

My student loans are in default They mailed me a letter and said that they were going to start garnishing my wages but I mailed them paperwork showing them that I haven't been working a full year. And that bought me a little time, they said that they would be getting back in touch with me when I...

Student loans got the best of me? [ 1 Answers ]

I thought getting a degree in Nursing would set me free. The laugh is on me... I am in debt up to my ears with student loans. I wonder if there are any options out here for me??

Getting student loans [ 2 Answers ]

I would be glad if someone can guide me through places/ organisations/ banks that offer student loans to international students without having the need to get it co-signed by a US citizen or greencardholder.

View more questions Search