Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasmine333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2015, 11:25 AM
    I have pregnancy symptoms, but I can't be pregnant
    Hello!
    I'm 20 years old and I never had regular period. In the past three days I'm noticing some unusual changes in my body - menstrual cramps without bleeding, lightheadedness, sore breasts, sometimes I feel I'm going to faint, possibly more frequent urinating. I looked those symptoms up and the first thing to come to mind is early pregnancy. There is a "problem" however - I am still a virgin, and I have never even fooled around with a boy. My last period was in November (6 months ago), but as I pointed out, I never had a regular period. I know that I cannot be pregnant, so I am wondering what it may be. Is it some hormonal changes (I am undeveloped for my age and I have always been thin and sporty)? Or anything else comes to mind?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 20, 2015, 12:23 PM
    You need professional advice from an actual medical practitioner, not some random stranger..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2015, 02:14 PM
    Something you are going to eventually learn... most of what some people will CLAIM are pregnancy symptoms... aren't unique to pregnancy in females of child bearing age. There can be MANY other possible reasons.

And as was mentioned....contact your doctor, don't rely on internet strangers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 03:50 AM
    I agree, many women don't have those signs in pregnancy, and many do. Many men have those same signs due to other issues (except monthly cycle)

At this point, you need to see your doctor for exam
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 08:12 AM
    Your symptoms are not just confined to pregnancy, so see your doctor to know for sure.
    Jasmine333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2015, 10:46 AM
    Thanks for your answers. Of course I am going to see the doctor, this was just to calm my nerves :)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 22, 2015, 11:43 AM
    There are many possibilities to explain what you are experiencing.

Have you yet seen a doctor about why your periods are unusual at this age? If you're fairly athletic and have low body fat, that in itself could be a reason why you're not ovulating regularly.

Issues such as fluctuating hormones due to weight changes, hormone changes, stress, illness, etc. could also be to blame.

There could also be a concern about PCOS "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome".

What your currently experiencing could be impending menstruation or even PMS

Good luck figuring it all out. I hope this helped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have pregnancy symptoms but don't think I'm pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

So for the past few days I've been having these symptoms, I've noticed my temperature slowly increasing and my body will feel super hot and I'll get hot flashes. I also have been peeing a lot which isn't TOO weird for me. Also, some cramping and mood swings. All of these symptoms I've looked up...

Pregnancy Symptoms, But Not Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Im having pregnancy symptoms but not pregnant? About 1.5 months ago I got the depo provera shot. For the last 4 weeks I've been spotting, having breast pains, stomach pains, upperleg pains, vaginal pains (throbbing), and sometimes back pains. I took a test and it said "not pregnant". Why am I still...

I have pregnancy symptoms all month but I do not think am pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I have pregnancy symptoms all month but I do not think am pregnant. I had my period last month, though it was lighter than usual, this month the period has come five days early. I last had sex on October 27. Even now while on my early period my breasts are tender and my mouth tastes awful. Two...

I'm 8 days late with a few pregnancy symptoms, could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are actively trying for a baby, I have a few pregnancy symptoms (needing the toilet a lot more, nausea, sore breasts and cramps) I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it came back negative. This is the first time I have been late, I'm normally really consistent. Could I be...

If I had early pregnancy symptoms and they quit am I pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I had early pregnancy symptoms, including naseau, spotting, and more, but they quite. Does that mean I am not pregnant?

View more questions Search