Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike L Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2015, 06:12 AM
    Can a power outage cause a gas valve to go bad
    Had a power outage . Now funace will not ignite . Draft inducer feels hit to touch
    . No blinking codes . Blower fan will rub when set to at thermostat , but furnace will not fire up ? No pilot light . Comfortmaker model guho75a12in
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2015, 06:53 AM
    Start with the thermostat set to "heat" & below room temperature: Is anything happening?
    Turn the stat up to well above room temp: Describe in as much detail as practical as to what happens. It's best to have someone else turn up the stat while you watch & listen to the furnace.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2015, 08:54 AM
    If you have a Honeywell smart valve, it is very possible it is the valve. I have seen it with power outage and lightning. Is the inducer turning?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State select gas water heater model pr675xrvit has no power to gas valve. [ 1 Answers ]

The water heater quit working. I found that water supply was leaking so I tightened the connection and that fixed the leak. Now there is no power to the gas valve. I checked power at toggle switch and all is good. When looking at igniter I encountered water at the flame sensor and the insulation...

Why did my lenox gas furnace stop working after a power outage? [ 1 Answers ]

Why did my lenox gas furnace stop working after a power outage?

Can a gas valve go bad from a flood? [ 1 Answers ]

Already changed the board,I also took apart the gas manifold to drain any excess water, and cleaned the orfices... and now no gas comes out

I think my furnace gas valve is bad how do I know for sure before buying a new one [ 1 Answers ]

Pilot light is lit, burners won't ignite, brand new thermostat, everything clean, and have newer burners

Homart 867 Gas Furnace won't work after power outage [ 10 Answers ]

I have two Homart 867 Gas furnaces. After a lengthy power outage yesterday they won't turn back on. I was able to manually light the pilot and switch the regulator (? Name ?) to open vs. auto in order to heat my house, but when I turn it back to Auto it cuts off the gas to the burner and no heat...

View more questions Search