Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barnes66 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2015, 05:44 PM
    Why do I still have a crush on a guy with a girlfriend
    I have a crush on my co worker and I sensed that he liked me too. However, he told one of our co workers that he hadn't been coming to work that much because his girlfriend is sick so he has been staying home taking care for her. The co worker told us this when he left the room.

I have been wanting to find out if he has girlfriend so I was happy that I found out without directly asking him. However, I was disappointed because I realized that nothing will come out it. I thought finding this out will make me lose interest but it hasn't.

I find myself looking forward to go to work to see him. We work in big building so we don't always work together on the same floor. I always check his schedule down stairs since they post everyone schedules. If I noticed that we are working on the same floor I wake up an hour earlier that day to do my hair and make up and look my best since I know he will be working with me. I have started taking pride in my appearance since I started crushing on him and some people at work have asked me if I have new boyfriend etc because before I didn't care about my appearance.

Whenever I ran into him in the elevators my heart beats faster and I get nervous around him. It doesn't help that he recently got a hair cut and has been looking good. As far as I know he is not aware that I have a crush on him. I don't flirt with him or anything except complimenting on his new hair cut

I really want to get over this annoying a crush and become indifference towards him but I cant. Switching jobs is not an option. He is the only guy I have had crush on since the I have been working there and I hate it especially now I know nothing will come out it. I am single by the way

Has anyone been in situation where they were crushing on someone then found out they are already in a relationship? I just don't understand why I am still crushing on him despite him having a gf!

Why am I still crushing on my co worker if he has a girlfriend?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2015, 06:05 PM
    "and I hate it especially now I know nothing will come out it." So why torment yourself? Move on.

Apr 18, 2015, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    "and I hate it especially now I know nothing will come out it." So why torment yourself? Move on.
    Well that's what I am trying to do but cant get over my crush.If I could switch off my fealings then I would have just done that as soon as I found out he has a girlfriend.We have no control on how we feel
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2015, 06:24 PM
    "We have no control on how we feel"--OH?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2015, 07:19 PM
    We may have no control over what feelings we have, but we do have control over what we do about them. You can choose to wallow in those feelings, and dwell on the misery, or get on with your life and find happiness in the things you can control.

So choose what you want to do, and do it. You don't have to stay stuck on a crush. You don't have to make him the center of your day, or the reason to look extra good, or get to work early, or check his schedule or any of those obsessive things.

The sooner you stop acting on the crush feelings, the sooner you get to do better things with your time, and the sooner the crush can fade away. You have got all the thrill out of those feelings, so let them go, and stop living in the misery.

Don't feel to bad we all have had those crushes before, and yeah, for a while its miserable seeing them so close but unavailable for what we want. You are lucky I suppose that he is your first, but sometimes we go through several crushes with co workers through the years...whether they are in relationships or not.

They just come and go and we learn not to act on them, or do foolish stuff at work (Or anywhere else) that makes us look, or feel dumb later. It's quite awkward!!!

Good Luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2015, 08:00 PM
    Just think of him with girlfriend, one he cares enough about to miss work.
    Be happy for him, and start to think about other people.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 19, 2015, 04:02 AM
    Stop checking his schedule and getting up early to get pretty for him. You are allowing this to control you. Just as you purposely try to see him, purposely avoid him.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 19, 2015, 07:52 AM
    I'm sure if you wrote out why you have to stop crushing on him, and read it every day, before you head to work (weather or not he is working- stop checking), you would eventually realize why you have to stop. It will be a big relief when you finally do get a solid grip on this.

Some reasons might be:

1. He has a girlfriend.
    2. He is not interested in you.
    3. He has never indicated he is interested in you.
    4. You should look your best, every day, because it lifts your spirits and makes you feel good.
    5. Precious time is wasting because you are living with a dream, that will never happen.
    6. Get busy. Buy a bike, join a fitness class, a book club, walk a mile a day, spring clean your home.
    7. Think of him as a man you will never know. Any thoughts (not feelings) you have toward him involves only guessing as to who he really is.
    8. Think of him eating soup with the manners of a billy goat in heat.
    9. His ancestors lived in caves, and didn't bathe for months at a time. Maybe he doesn't like to bathe, and his toe nails are 6" long. Those big shoes he wears is no indicator of any other part of his anatomy...
    10.Realize that you are only 'seeing' him, you aren't in any way, or have been in any way, close enough to determine that he has a huge acne problem, he's a vegan, and drives a smart car.

So, make your own list, but anything you 'guess' about him, will point out what you don't know. I love Piccaso, but would I date him? No, because he was just plain weird.

Good luck.

Apr 19, 2015, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    I'm sure if you wrote out why you have to stop crushing on him, and read it every day, before you head to work (weather or not he is working- stop checking), you would eventually realize why you have to stop. It will be a big relief when you finally do get a solid grip on this.

Some reasons might be:

1. He has a girlfriend.
    2. He is not interested in you.
    3. He has never indicated he is interested in you.
    4. You should look your best, every day, because it lifts your spirits and makes you feel good.
    5. Precious time is wasting because you are living with a dream, that will never happen.
    6. Get busy. Buy a bike, join a fitness class, a book club, walk a mile a day, spring clean your home.
    7. Think of him as a man you will never know. Any thoughts (not feelings) you have toward him involves only guessing as to who he really is.
    8. Think of him eating soup with the manners of a billy goat in heat.
    9. His ancestors lived in caves, and didn't bathe for months at a time. Maybe he doesn't like to bathe, and his toe nails are 6" long. Those big shoes he wears is no indicator of any other part of his anatomy...
    10.Realize that you are only 'seeing' him, you aren't in any way, or have been in any way, close enough to determine that he has a huge acne problem, he's a vegan, and drives a smart car.

So, make your own list, but anything you 'guess' about him, will point out what you don't know. I love Piccaso, but would I date him? No, because he was just plain weird.

Good luck.
    Haha thanks :)that's a good one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a crush on this guy... [ 3 Answers ]

I have this crush on this guy since the first day of grade 3. I'm in grade 6 now... any way we went out once but it was weird then.. ( grade 4). I still liked him though. Any way he knows I like him but I'm not sure he likes me back.. it just kills me when he's sad. He went out with my best friend....

Having a Crush on a guy [ 2 Answers ]

I have this crush on a guy in my class and I had this crush on him since 5th grade. We'll I noticed that I had feelings for him one night at a football game that he told me he cared about me, and that meant a lot to me because nobody ever told me that Ever since then I developed feelings for him...

Got a crush on this guy please help [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guy's I need some help, I've got a crush at this guy from my class. It all started in school when we had to make Valentine Day's Card for someone in the class so all of the girls wrote it to each other and the guys also wrote it to each other. But the guy I have a crush on wrote one to me and at...

Got a crush on this guy [ 13 Answers ]

I went on here hoping to get help for my own little crush-which is now a big crush. I am sooo hot for this guy I am practically aching. I never even see him anymore-like we (my husband & I) used to barbecue together, go out with he & whoever he was dating at the time. I have even set him up with...

View more questions Search