Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crumd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2015, 06:58 AM
    How do I determine the height of a supply tank to a pump that has the following specs
    I have been given the task of determining the location of a supply tank to a pump my specs are as follows.

200 gpm
    centrifugal
    max height 40 ft
    113 feet of head
    dP =42.56
    brake horsepower is 10.92 HP
    electric horsepower is 12.84 HP
    kW 9.58

How high should I place the supply tank above the pump?

Check out some similar questions!

Determine external water tank height to ensure adequete water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Am building a farm house which has two levels, level one floor is 5 feet from ground and level two floor is 17 feet from ground. I draw water from a bore well, to ensure adequete water pressure for the 2nd level bathroom shower, how high should the water tank be to ensure adequete pressure in...

How do I determine the height of the ride board [ 7 Answers ]

Im building a shed 14'x8' how do I determine the height of the ridge board if Im building a 4/12 roof pitch?

Frozen pipe from well pump to tank, tank problem, burned out pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Help. Frozen pipes have been heated in 50+ degree housing for the last 10 hours. Tank charge reading 36 PSI (bladder tank), pressure gage reading 40 psi, open valve next to gage and no water. Pressure gage was originally reading zero prior to application of direct heat on pipe. Am I looking at a...

What type of pump will work with out a pressurized holding tank for water supply? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to use a holding tank to supply fresh water for a flush and outside shower at my cottage in a bunk house. Is there a demand pump I can use instead of having a holding tank with a pressure switch? If so what is the pump called?

Determine toilet flange height from drain field [ 2 Answers ]

I am designing a bath house with mens/womens bathrooms on either side of a shared wall. The perk test specifies that the drain fields must be 23 inches deep (no deeper). The ground is very level. With the above: The elevation of the drain field determines the elevation of the septic...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.