Ask
    Joey Mullins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2015, 05:36 AM
    How to make swelling go down fast from abscess tooth without dentist
    There's only a little pain but swollen enough to annoy
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 16, 2015, 08:11 AM
    Who diagnosed it as an abscess? If you don't want to see a dentist, it sounds like you did. If it is one, I can't think of a home remedy.

But the fact that there isn't much pain might mean that it's rotten food stuck between the tooth and gum, and that can have home remedies, starting with gentle brushing (soft bristles!) and flossing all around the tooth, and use a proxibrush too (a tiny 'bottle brush'). Rinse many times a day with hot salted water, swooshing vigorously. If that hasn't helped in 2 or 3 days, you must see a dentist. Go to a clinic if you can, for sliding scale costs.

It isn't food making it swollen - it's blood rushing in with cells to fight off infection. If a lot of blood comes out when you floss etc, you have a localized case of gingivitis.

That's IF it isn't an abscess!

And eat using common sense - no foods that might get stuck in the gum, chew on the other side, and rinse after every time you eat.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2015, 04:55 PM
    If you know it is abcessed, then you have had diagnosis right?

There is NO home remedy. No amount of brushing, no amount of salt water will make it better.

If it is abscessed, the infection is coming up from the bottom of the tooth, trying to exit at the top causing the pain and swelling.

See your dentist again and have him deal with it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abscess Tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Abscess tooth. Friend had the devil to pay, with an abscess tooth. for 3 days. It's better now. He used a lot of ibuprofen and mouth rinses. Even with over the counter medication and mouth rinses it was a painful experience. I wonder what is a good antibiotic and pain reliever people use...

Bringing down swelling from an abscess [ 9 Answers ]

I have a abscess tooth and can't afford to go to a dentist. Is there any over the counter remedy that I can use to bring the swelling down and kill the infection. I found online that oil of clove can be used. However its only good for the pain. I need something to bring the infection down. Any...

Tooth abscess [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: I have a tooth abscess that I accidentally discovered was draining pus. I do not have any pain, but seems to be old draining abscess. What should I do??

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

View more questions Search