Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2015, 03:33 PM
    Tax Question
    Tax Question. Joe is 85 on social security $13,000 annually His wife Mary worked part time. They use to filed joint when they made $30,000 together years ago. Mary currently makes about $15,000 annually. Can she file single or must she file jointly. Is Joe's social security income taxable because it is mixed with Mary's taxable income
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 15, 2015, 04:07 PM
    This is obviously a homework question, and we are specifically FORBIDDEN to answer homework questions.

Defeats the purpose of school.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2015, 03:26 AM
    Thank you so much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H-1B and H-4 Tax Question [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is on a H-1B visa, while I am on a H-4 visa. We are both from Thailand. My husband has been on a F-1 visa during the past 3 years. He just started as a H-1B in Jan 2012. I was on a F-1 for 3 years before I went back to my country and stayed there for about a year. I just came back to the...

NJ tax question [ 1 Answers ]

A Flordia resident also has a condo in NJ. The Company he works for (he is also a shareholder) is located in PA. He spends about 50 days per year in NJ. While living in the NJ condo he visits his office in PA. He receives a salary from the company in PA. Shoud he file as a full-year...

Tax question [ 4 Answers ]

'I filed my taxes this year 2010,got taxes back shortly after.Then around 4 weeks later I received a letter from the IRS stating that I didn't file my taxes for 2008 and that I owed 2,228. So at that moment I kind of ignored it. Then they started sending me letters. Finally,I contacted them and...

H1 Tax Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I worked for a company for 5 months, which paid me pay stubs for 3 alternative months. Anyhow I got into a new company with more benefits. After a long nagging to get back my money they paid me $6500 out of which $2704 as taxes. It is not mentioned as bonus, but it's a regular payment. My...

F1 to GC tax question [ 5 Answers ]

Please advice: 1. year 2003 : Status F1 - filled - 1040 NR EZ 2. Year 2004 : Jan 01 2004 - sept 07 2004 - F1 : Sept 08 2004 - status changed to Permanent Resident. Nationality : Indian Due to too many complications in Dual status filing, I would like to opt to file as...

View more questions Search