Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherb1513 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 04:41 PM
    Preserving branches in water
    My daughter is getting married and is making her own centerpieces with branches & baby's breath in a vase with water and floating candle. She has made a couple to see how they will look and find that after a few hours, the branches and baby's breath start to break apart and the bark comes off floating in the water. This makes the centerpieces look funny. What can she do to stop this from happening? Should we spray the branches and baby's breath with a waterproof coating of some kind? Or is there something else that we can use to preserve them for the entire day?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 14, 2015, 05:59 PM
    DRIED branches and dried baby's breath? They will just start to decompose in water. If it looks nice when first done, then plan on them being made at the last hour.
    You can buy spray waterproofing at a craft supply place, or maybe a florist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preserving fresh cherries [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a way to preserve fresh cherries please? Also any recipes using them would be gratefully received... thanks

Preserving old taxidermy [ 2 Answers ]

While I as an animal lover, I am opposed to the hunting of animals for display, I recently inherited some taxidermy mounts from my grandmother. My Step Grandfather went on safari in the 50's and 60's and collected a lot of heads. I now have 3 and I would like to preserve them. They are in decent...

Preserving cedar branches [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to spray or treat cedar branches that I am using to decorate outside to keep them from turning brown?

Preserving cedar roof shakes [ 4 Answers ]

I have purchased a small house in Seattle area that has a detached studio building with a cedar shake roof. I just cleaned and pressure washed the roof. It looks new now and I'd like to keep it that way. How do I seal/preserve the shakes so I don't have to do this very often? Thanks!

Preserving Culture [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it important to preserve a culture? Why is it not important to preserve a culture?

View more questions Search