Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2015, 01:38 PM
    Okay.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzy5 View Post
    Okay.
    And the instructions always say, "Don't eat sweets and junk food. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, plus do exercise." And guess why you end up losing weight?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2015, 01:51 PM
    Unless you are under a qualified doctor's care for using pills to help lose weight, the key for most people is simply eating healthier food/beverage choices, watching portion size, and regular exercise.

Those three things are quite a challenge for many people, and often take a change in mindset, and lifestyle, to stick with it. Dieting is a billion dollar business for a reason. If the pills and diets actually worked long term, there would be no need for more and more of them. They are a short term fix, for a long term issue.

Direct answer to your question: Yes, some diet pills can be dangerous.

Apr 14, 2015, 01:57 PM
    Okay thank you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 02:14 PM
    Be dumb for a young lady in your situation to take anything without consulting your doctor first. I doubt he sees a need for YOU to do so. I sure don't.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 02:19 PM
    Kezzy, who wants to take these pills? You? Not a good idea for someone with an eating disorder.

These are just a few of the threads dealing with your weight:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...es-808858.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...at-806759.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...ed-809049.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...on-808918.html

Have you talked to your parents or doctor?

Apr 14, 2015, 11:55 PM
    No I haven't talked to anyone.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2015, 12:39 AM
    Considering your eating disorder, diet pills would be very dangerous for you.

Apr 15, 2015, 06:01 AM
    Okay thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mirena to pills, missed pills, no withdrawal [ 2 Answers ]

I had recently switched from mirena to the pills at the end of January. I took my pills immediately everyday for the first 7 days and had my withdrawal bleeding as well. In the second week I had missed a pill, doubled up the next day and had a very light spotting for that day. Now I missed 6 days...

Pills can I take it now [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wos told u have to take the firs pack of piils the firs Sunday after ypur period can I take now after itts 3 weeks from my period ? I'm getting my period in about a week and a half I want to take the pills now I have to can I ? Please tell me if I take the pills now something bad can happened...

Too many because pills? [ 0 Answers ]

So, I've been really stressed out and missed 3 days of my birth control pills. 2 nights ago had unprotected sex, and after light spotting I realized I had missed them. About 30 min latter I had some pretty severe cramps. I drove to king soopers and was feeling woozy, not quite nauseous in the...

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

What pills should I take? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I had the last date of my periods on 9th of this month... My husband was out of town all these days.But he is back today and we ended up with unprotected sex.Please let me know which contraceptory pill should I take so that I don't get pregnant.Please help.I am woried. Thank you

View more questions Search