Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalala_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 11:58 AM
    I haven't forgotten my birth control pills, do I have a chance of being pregnant?
    I am 18 and I'm on birth control pills since August 2014. I got my last period on March 29th and it apparently ended on April 3rd when it was supposed to, during that day I had no spotting or anything, I was all clean so I thought my period had ended. Later on, the night of April 3rd I had a little spotting, there was just a little bit of blood. The next day (April 4th) I had sex in the night and the following day (April 5th) in the morning. That day (April 5th) in the afternoon I noticed a little spotting, very little blood again, and again in the night and that would be it.

I hadn't forgotten my pills during that time. I did forgot it around a week ago (it's currently April 14th) I don't clearly remember, but I took the pill as soon as I noticed a few hours later than I usually take them. This week I started feeling a very little pain in my breasts and cramps, which I feel a week or so before my period. My following period should be on April 25th. Do I have a chance of being pregnant? This strange little "after-period" spotting is scaring me a little.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 14, 2015, 12:48 PM
    It's too hard to say, only time will tell. As long as you're fairly good taking pills, a few hours won't matter. They aren't 100% effective though, so keep that in mind.
    Mid-cycle spotting can occur for many reasons, one of which is sex.

Either way, if you're a week early for your expected period, it's much too soon to know if you're pregnant. Symptoms usually aren't felt till much later and a test wouldn't be accurate for at least another week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was on birth control pills missed almost 2 weeks can I be pregnant [ 27 Answers ]

I'm 26 I been taking BC pills for a while maybe 4 months and I missed 2 weeks of pills and I had unprotected sex is it possible to be pregnant. My periods are always different I didn't get my period yet this month I took a hpt but it came up negative but have a lot of symptoms I have a child she's...

Missed Birth control pills. Could I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking Ortho-Tri-Cyclen birth control pills and I am on week 3. I missed two pills in a row on Thursday and Friday (im a Sunday Starter). I realized I missed 2 pills on Saturday and took one and Saturday. I read the instructions for missed pills and threw out the rest of the pack and will start...

Missed 3 pills in a row at the beginning of my birth control, can I be pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, so this is my first time using this website and I'm kind of frustrated because I just spent forever trying to type my problem and it got deleted. So, I'll try to explain it the best I can. So, I have been spotting throughout the month of June. I would say about a couple weeks ago I began to...

How long after being off birth control pills can I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children. The youngest is 10. My husband and I are trying for another baby. I have been on Birth control pills for the past 10 years now. I stopped taking them 6 months ago and still am not pregnant. With my second and third child I was off the BC pills for only a month and got pregnant!...

View more questions Search