Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MCLOUIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 10:54 AM
    Citizenship
    I came to US at the age of 11 yrs old, green card holder and my Mom is a US Citizen. Will I still be able to apply for N-600 form even I'm 45 yrs old now?
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Apr 14, 2015, 02:29 PM
    So basically what you're asking is whether you are already a U.S. citizen. (N-600 is for getting proof for people who are already citizens.)

You didn't give exact dates, but given that you're 45 now, and you came at age 11, that must have been around 1981. And you must have turned 18 around 1988. Between 1978 and 2001, in order for a minor to automatically derive citizenship from the parents, both your parents must have naturalized while you were under 18, or if your parents were divorced or one of them died before you were 18, then the parent having sole custody had to have naturalized while you were under 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-Puerto-Rican US citizen gain PR citizenship, be eligible for Spanish citizenship? [ 4 Answers ]

If I understand, a non-Puerto Rican US citizen can live on the island for one year, and be eligible for Puerto Rican citizenship. Spain recognizes Puerto Rican citizenship, and after two years residence, one can be eligible for Spanish (and EU) citizenship. Is this path to Spanish citizenship...

Can I reclaim my German citizenship if I never renounced after dual citizenship? [ 3 Answers ]

I was born in 1974 in Germany to American born military parents. I never renounced my citizenship when it was US/German dual. Can I still apply for German citizenship or somehow reclaim it? I know the laws have varied since the reunification but I want to move Ireland and I believe my ancestry goes...

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm an American citizen and I'm Jewish, how can I become a citizen of Israel? What does it take?

View more questions Search