Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cliffalan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 10:28 AM
    2003 Aire flow furnace
    Hi,I have a aire flow furnace,burners come on but fan doesn't.The motor is not stuck and turns freely.Im asumming the control board is bad or a limit switch.any ideas please?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 11:32 AM
    Don't assume test your parts with an ohm meter. Or have them tested by a professional.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2015, 05:06 PM
    If it were a limit switch, the burners would not come on. You need to measure voltage coming out of the heating speed blower terminal on the board. After the burners have been on for a minute or less, you should get 120 volts between that terminal and neutral. If you do not, the board is the source of the trouble.

Apr 15, 2015, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    If it were a limit switch, the burners would not come on. You need to measure voltage coming out of the heating speed blower terminal on the board. After the burners have been on for a minute or less, you should get 120 volts between that terminal and neutral. If you do not, the board is the source of the trouble.
    Thanks for response.Do you know what terminal to check?the wirig diagram is missing on my friends unit.I have knowledge of heatig and air,but hard to diagnois without schematic.Im old school a/c heating guy,never had to deal with these control boards.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Apr 15, 2015, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffalan View Post
    Thanks for response.Do you know what terminal to check?the wirig diagram is missing on my friends unit.I have knowledge of heatig and air,but hard to diagnois without schematic.Im old school a/c heating guy,never had to deal with these control boards.
    What's the model number?

Apr 15, 2015, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bitters View Post
    What's the model number?

m/n : AF80MPA100B4
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2015, 05:50 PM
    Here's a link to a picture of the board. The heating speed fan terminal is in the lower right corner. Once the flame has been on for 30-45 seconds, you should get 120v between that terminal & a neutral. You will probably have to hold the push button door switch in to get anything to happen.

Apr 15, 2015, 10:04 PM
    Here's a link to a picture of the board. The heating speed fan terminal is in the lower right corner. Once the flame has been on for 30-45 seconds, you should get 120v between that terminal & a neutral. You will probably have to hold the push button door switch in to get anything to happen.

Thanks for info.didnt see a link for control board.but understand what you said I'll check board.
    Thanks

Apr 16, 2015, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffalan View Post
    Thanks for info.didnt see a link for control board.but understand what you said I'll check board.
    Thanks
    Having trouble finding the correct term.if you have diag.it will be helpful
    Thanks
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2015, 07:13 PM
    Oops, guess I forgot the link. Let's try again. http://www.hvacpartsplus.com/images/...d7a298095c.jpg

Apr 16, 2015, 08:01 PM
    Oops, guess I forgot the link. Let's try again. http://www.hvacpartsplus.com/images/...d7a298095c.jpg
    OK got it thanks,so it's the very bottom term lower right.is there a colored wire coming off it,or any labeling.on term?
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2015, 02:17 PM
    The terminal is labeled "heat".

Apr 17, 2015, 03:46 PM
    OK,My friend who knows nothing about Heaters.replace the thehttps://youtu.be/H8Q83DPZy6Erm.He put a honeywell Heat and cool therm on his heater.he hooked the red wire from control board to red on therm,and hooked the white wire from control board to green term on therm.He said it worked like that,but he had to turn it off and on by therm switch every time. I hooked the what wire from control board,to what term on therm.so it will now go on by sliding the temp lever to above ambient temp,with therm when set to heat and auto fan and all the way up on temp setting.combustion fan comes on and then burners.After about 40 secs,I hear a click fom control board,but no fan comes on.I tested heat term on control board no volt coming out at that time.I pulled wire off heat term and supplied 110 volts to fan, then it came on.
    Do you think the way he had it hooked up on therm,(white wire to green term on therm) it could have blew out control board for indoor fan?
    Does it sound like bad control board?

OK,My friend who knows nothing about Heaters.replace the thehttps://youtu.be/H8Q83DPZy6Erm.He put a honeywell Heat and cool therm on his heater.he hooked the red wire from control board to red on therm,and hooked the white wire from control board to green term on therm.He said it worked like that,but he had to turn it off and on by therm switch every time. I hooked the what wire from control board,to what term on therm.so it will now go on by sliding the temp lever to above ambient temp,with therm when set to heat and auto fan and all the way up on temp setting.combustion fan comes on and then burners.After about 40 secs,I hear a click fom control board,but no fan comes on.I tested heat term on control board no volt coming out at that time.I pulled wire off heat term and supplied 110 volts to fan, then it came on.
    Do you think the way he had it hooked up on therm,(white wire to green term on therm) it could have blew out control board for indoor fan?
    Does it sound like bad control board?
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2015, 05:28 PM
    I wouldn't think that would blow the board but stranger things have happened & yes it does sound like a bad board.

Apr 18, 2015, 02:02 PM
    I wouldn't think that would blow the board but stranger things have happened & yes it does sound like a bad board.
    Thanks for your help, that's where I'll start
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2015, 06:41 AM
    Keep me up to speed on progress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aire flo furnace won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a aire flo 80000 BTU 95% put in in 2010, we have 84.5 inches of snow, woke up at 8:30 am cold, cleared away 3 feet of snow from vents, worked until 3:30, cleared vents again, still not working. I took off the tubing hose and drained out all the water even took a dryer brush to clean vent out...

Aire-flo furnace problems [ 2 Answers ]

The limit switch trip on the inducer housing and locks furnace out this is a 905% <BR>furnace

Aire flo furnace troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Aire-Flo AF90MPE075 - on a call for heat the combustion blower runs, pressure switch closes, his glows and gas valve opens for a split second. Sometimes the inrush of gas is not enough to even ignite and sometimes it is enough to ignite across the burner but then goes out immediately. Again, this...

Aire-Flo gas furnace periodically shuts down. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Aire-Flo gas furnace - model no. AF80MPA075B3A I rent - however I believe it was installed around 2003. For the last month - the furnace will start, the gas tries to ignite but after 2 seconds it will shut off. It tries to ignit 3 times - then if unseccessful the furnace shuts off. It...

Aire-Flo Gas furnace Not Starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Aire-Flo Furnace ( Model AF90MPE075U3). Last winter it began malfunctioning. The local repair man said the inducer fan was bad and replaced it. It worked for a while and began acting up again. He then decided the intake air line was to small and not sloped properly. I added a second line...

View more questions Search