Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldenginger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 06:42 AM
    Switching oil
    I have a 1981 mobile home with a beach furnace. The furnace burns stove oil. Now my oil company can no longer get the stove oil so we need to switch over to furnace oil. How do we go about doing that without ruinning our furnace?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 07:04 AM
    Exactly what make and model is your furnace, and maybe the manufacturer can steer you in the right direction. Did your supplier not give you recommendations for other suppliers, or a compatible oil?

Another option is to upgrade your furnace.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2015, 05:01 PM
    As long as the furnace is a gun type, you should not have to do anything to switch fuels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil fill cap came out, oil was lost, engine did not seize.. will oil and new cap fix? [ 2 Answers ]

After prolonged use, oil fill cap vibrated out.. oil was lost, but machine was shut off before seizing. Will replacing cap and refilling oil get machine up and running.. pull and electric start engine.. Craftsman model 536.881651.. I live in Rockland county NY, College Grad. Born 1949. Another snow...

Switching type of 2 stroke snowblower oil [ 2 Answers ]

I want to switch from petroleum 2 stroke oil to a synthetic 2 stoke oil to reduce the smoking. I did this with my outboard motor but needed to change the oil to gas ratio.

Does using Flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil make you break out/ have oily skin? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! So I was breaking out a little on my face, like cyst type pimples ( very few). Someone that works at whole foods (heath care section) told me to take 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil a day, and also to take evening primrose oil gel tablets. They warned me that I may break out in the first week,...

I found a black gunk (oil?) in my antifreeze and a milky substance on my oil cap? [ 1 Answers ]

I found what I think is oil in my radiator and there is a milky substance on my oil cap. Also my hoses in my engine are soaked in oil from the inside out. Now my car runs fine it doesn't smoke or anything. But I'm sure these symptoms are no good. HELP!

Advantages of switching to synthetic oil [ 7 Answers ]

I've got a 2000 Nissan Altima with 64,000 miles, regular oil changes with dinosaur oil Every 3000 or so miles since new so I'm quite sure the motor is fairly clean internally. I've read good points about full synthetic oils and in some of txgreasemonkey's answers To some posts. Wondering if it...

View more questions Search