Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    me50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2015, 04:44 PM
    Honeywell T-Stat battery change
    My T-stat had lo on the screen so I changed the batteries. At the same time, I changed both filters. The fan is running (I did this as a test) and it is on cool. Registers 83 degrees when I set it to 60 degrees. Why is this? I had no problems before I changed the batteries.

Thanks.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2015, 05:11 PM
    Is the outdoor unit of the A/C running? Most thermostats have a built in delay for the outdoor unit after a power loss (including battery change). That delay is normally 5 minutes & if the outdoor unit also has a delay that amount has to be added to the stat delay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell t-stat [ 0 Answers ]

How do I connect a Honeywell RTH6350D to a DuroZone SMZ-3SW?

Wiring a honeywell L641b 1004 pipe stat with a normal air monitored frost stat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a garage located boiler with a typical frost stat above it .I have a honeywell L641b 1004 pipe stat that I wish to monitor the return to boiler . If possible I would like to wire it so that the system fires up on hot water and not heating , I hope this makes sense.. I have a y plan..

New honeywell t-stat [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced an old Hunter t-stat when the unit ran continually no matter what temp... I replaced it with a Honeywell 6350 5-2 programmable t-stat. I have an old Coleman furnace with an ac unit attached using two wires-red/white. I connected the red to R and the white to W. There was already a...

Replacing honeywell stat to an other honeywell stat [ 19 Answers ]

I'm switching my old stat to a new one that lets me enter a program. I have an electric central air furnace and a thermopump outside that provides heat and AC. I'm going from a honeywell CT3600 or so (looks the same as in the manual for that one but without the program buttons) to a RTH8500....

Honeywell RTH230 Thermostat Battery Change [ 1 Answers ]

I recently changed the AA batteries on a Honeywell RTH230B Thermostat and now the heat or air will not kick on. The symbol for air or heat will flash on the screen for approximately 2 minutes then I'll hear a click and the symbol will stay lit but the heat or air will not flow. Does the...

View more questions Search