Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    br0mista Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2015, 01:03 AM
    New born kitten
    Two of my cats gave birth in one week. They are about 3 weeks old now, one kitten's eye is swollen shut and a whole bunch of crap comes out when I clean it. The vet clinic is far away. Can I treat him at home?if so, how? Or should I take him to the vet? He would be away from his mother for a couple of hours at least if I take him.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 12, 2015, 04:23 AM
    No, he has to go to the vet, and you can take him from his mother.
    Please consider low cost spaying of the moms. I had mine done for $60 at a non profit spay clinic.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 12, 2015, 04:57 AM
    Yes, a three week old kitten csn be taken away for a couple of hours. Best to see a vet. If this is part of an upper respiratory infection, you could not treat at home.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2015, 05:02 AM
    If you are worried, bring the mom and all the kittens with you to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeking contact with Andrew Scott Killen born on 31/10/34? Born in Scotland-adopted. [ 0 Answers ]

My question is about re-uniting my Mum with a brother she has never met. Andrew was born out of love and romance. My Gran died at the age of 69, 26 years ago and I still miss her. Her memory lives on in my heart and soul. She was a hard-working tenderheart who survived much and suffered too much....

Deceased kitten first born then one live one born after and no more [ 4 Answers ]

1st kitten born still born at about 7:30am this morning she had another live kitten about a half hour later and nothing since she does have more fetuses and has had conbtractions and eaten and drank a lot anyway we can help her? Paula

Male cat acting kitten to male kitten after bringing kitten home neutered. [ 1 Answers ]

I have three cats, Microchip, Monk and Minx. Microchip and Minx are 1+ years old and fixed. Monk is about 6 months old. All of our cats used to get along well. They'd sleep all huddled together. The two males were very close. Micro would groom Monk, play with him, and was inseparable. We took Monk...

New born kitten care [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I hope some of you out there can help me out with this. My cat Kida just gave birth to 4 precious little kittens. Unfortunately I was not home at the time & so she had them at the neighbours house. Now Kida had a few fleas on her before the birth, I was using a flea comb but it...

View more questions Search