Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2015, 07:02 PM
    Cold air from my Maytag Gas Dryer Model DG4910
    My Maytag dryer suddenly stopped drying clothes.

I turned on the machine and went outside to check for air flow from the vent and found it putting out a powerful blast of cold air.

I went back to the machine... turned it off and opened the small square access door on the front of the lower front of the machine. With my safety goggles on I shined a flash light into the front access door so I could view the gas valve mechanism and igniter.

I asked my wife to turn on the machine and saw no activity at the igniter at all. She turned off the machine and unplugged it from its power source. I then disconnected all the spade connectors that I could reach and then put them back on thinking that sometimes spade terminals can oxidize and cause a poor connection however this did not cure the problem.

Should I just first assume that the igniter is bad and replace it? How can I test the igniter to make sure it is bad?

Thanks for your help!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2015, 02:40 AM
    The igniter can be tested using a volt/ohm meter, do you have one and know how to use it?
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2015, 06:45 PM
    I do have a volt meter. Do I just simply test it for continuity? Disconnect the power source, set the meter at RX1KQ then touch the leads to the igniter terminals and see if I get a reading? If I get a reading it means the igniter is good... if I don't get a reading the igniter is bad?
    Am I thinking correctly?
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2015, 03:22 AM
    Yep that's dead on, better to check and be sure instead of just replacing parts. Here's a short video if you need a little help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3bCKAWu50

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag gas dryer wants to stop blowing air. [ 5 Answers ]

My maytag gas dryer model MGD6600TQ0 turns on, heats up, and works fine, but it wants to stop blowing air. What could it be?

Where is the Igniter on a Maytag Model MDG4000BWW gas dryer? [ 1 Answers ]

Which panel do I remove to access the Igniter on a Maytag Model MDG4000BWW gas dryer?

Maytag model LDG7304AAE gas dryer does not heat enough [ 1 Answers ]

The flame ignites and stays lit but it does not seem to put out enough heat. It takes 2 to 3 times longer to dry clothes than it use to. Air flow is good,I cleaned all the ducts. I have by passed the High Limit Thermostat to make sure it is not kicking out but do not know where to go next.

How do you purge air from gas lines on a maytag dryer model DLG330RAW [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have flame for two minutes then it shut off is that normal? Or do I have air on the gas line and how can I purge the air out. My dryer is not hot enough what can I do.

View more questions Search