katie varley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2015, 09:07 AM
    Ask a Nurse Online Free
    I think I got bit by a bug and I think its infected how do I know
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 10, 2015, 09:09 AM
    You think?

What makes you think this? We can't see it so we don't know what it looks like. You can get some idea by looking to see if you got a bite somewhere...a raised bump or something...then is it discolored and painful?

Maybe you should just see a doctor to be safe if you aren't even sure if you got a bite or if it's infected.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 10, 2015, 11:00 AM
    I got a raging infection from a bug bite behind my knee; I didn't even know it was there. It was a big white volcano with a big hole, big enough to let bacteria in. A rash spread quickly to the front of my leg, and even after 10 days of oral antibiotics, it spread all over my leg, and like several other regulars on this site, I ended up in the hospital with cellulitis.

The first thing you do with any scratch or bite is wash it with plain old soap and water. That prevents most infections! But once infected, you have to see a doctor.

How do you know? Extra redness, pain, spreading rash, or pus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a nurse online free [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 25 years old. He is in good health, weight 140lb. Height 5'9". Good color, active, playing tennis 3 or 4 times a week. He has seen blood in his stool and has coughed some blood as well. He is anxious that it is something serious. What are your recommendations? Is there any...

Ask a nurse online for free [ 2 Answers ]

Why does my chest burn when I cough?

Ask a nurse online free? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been having bowel problems for the last 2 months, where I would experiene either very hard stool or very loose and pasty. Within the last 5 days I've been experiencing sharp abdominal pains before and during bowel movements. Should I be concerned about Chron's Disease or IBS?

Ask a nurse online for free? [ 0 Answers ]

HI I have had an implonon for three months and I was spotting and know I stopped but I have been having cramps but no period or bledding at all can I be pregenet? Also I have had some discharge?

View more questions Search