Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Apr 9, 2015, 01:09 PM
    Waching Parody.
    Hi,

Sometimes, I like to see parodies and funny things to just make myself laugh a little bit after a long day. And I watch things in which the actors are acting and mimicking real actors or singers in a funny expressions and exaggerations etc. No vulgarity, no immorality, etc. Just a comedy things. But I was just wondering, is it not good to see that? Is it a sin? Is it like you are not spiritual if you see one actor mimicking another actor and exaggerating his facial expression in a funny way? To see someone making facial expression which appears funny to me ( which may not make others laugh) is a demonic? If you need, I can provide a link of that video that made me laugh the other day and also made me think about whether its unspiritual to watch it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 9, 2015, 01:30 PM
    Are you concerned with being judged by others for your own taste in humor?

Apr 9, 2015, 02:57 PM
    I am not concerned about being judged. I just want to understand and consider others thoughts also whether what they are saying is true or not. I am more concerned about myself, if I am crossing the borders in order to have fun, enjoy and laugh a little bit. By the way, I have already been judged. :D. So, is it really a bad thing? Here is the link of the video that I laughed my lungs out when I saw that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzxFeuakFM
    I like the real singer of the real song and I just randomly found this and it made me laugh.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 9, 2015, 05:08 PM
    Parodies, mimicking, whatever you want to call it is a cultured art form, precious. Nothing demonic about it.

Apr 10, 2015, 10:47 AM
    Ok, that gave me a peace! Thanks @Tickle. :)
    Mystic Muse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    Young spirit in old body

May 21, 2015, 02:41 PM
    A lot of parody, in addition to being entertaining, has educational value both for those who watch and for those who are parodied. It can help us rise above ego and avoid taking ourselves too seriously. Not only is it not a "sin" but is--in all its relatively benign forms--a virtue.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2015, 09:38 PM
    I guess my concern is why you would even think, or consider humor demonic or why you would think a form of entertainment evil.

Have you serious religious issues, that have effected everything in your life. Normal concern over ethical behavior is one thing, but seeing the devil behind every door can be a serious mental issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waching machine not getting water [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently moved to my flat and got a new Bosch washing machine which was working great. Today I was checking the flat's stopcock and just closed it and opened it to make sure it is working. Then I wanted to use my washing machine and gives error E29 which in the manual says" clean the filter...

Need an idea for American Gothic Parody [ 1 Answers ]

For my art class final we have to pick a famous piece of work and draw it ourselves but with our own spin to it,like turn it into a parody. I chose to do American Gothic.For those who aren't familiar it's the one with the man and the woman standing in front of a house and the man is holding a...

Servis waching machine [ 0 Answers ]

My brother has a sevis 1400 washing machine that will not empty , I have checked the usual filters, pipes etc.. The pump seems to be working but could it be an intermitent fault, as every time I have a go at it, it works for a while, Anyone had a similar problem ?

Studio parody [ 1 Answers ]

I am searching for the title of a 1930's movie which is about a bunch of writers at a movie studio causing chaos with their schemes.

View more questions Search