Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Notorious1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2015, 06:59 PM
    How do I add internet access to my firewall
    I messed up something today in my sonicwall. I was able to fix the IP address issue. Now the internet doesn't work. Anything I should be doing? In desperate help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2015, 02:26 AM
    First troubleshooting step is to bypass the firewall to see if you have access. Back up your rules and reset the firewall if it is the cause.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 8, 2015, 03:12 AM
    Why not just re-boot the modem ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 8, 2015, 05:03 AM
    Rebooting the modem would be the first thing I try, and see what happens.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 19, 2015, 01:21 PM
    When you lose Internet Connectivity, whether you may have caused it or not, the first thing to do is start out and work in. What this means is bypass all of your LAN devices and go straight to the router or modem you're using as your LAN Gateway. Test directly off that LAN Interface. If it works, move to the next device. etc..

Now, with most setups, your SonicWall will likely be this next device (unless there is a Layer 3 switch in between). Assuming you didn't save the config/rules when you were making changes, why not just powercycle the FW?

Other than that advice, it's hard to say much more without knowing more. One thing you can try is a simple traceroute from your SonicWall (or any device) and see if it hits your gateway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop shows Strong Connection with Internet Access but no access [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have an ASUS K72F laptop running Windows 7, and it has always worked fine with both wired and wireless connections. I recently changed Internet provider from BT to Plusnet, though I cannot be sure that this is when the problem began. It still works fine when wired, but when I switch the...

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

HP Procurve 420. Internet Access, no network access? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to do something I have never done before or heard of anyone doing before. We have 3 HP Procurve AP's. They're currently used to access internet and network resources via MAC Filtering for users with laptops and meetings. However, we are looking to modify to allow guest connections with...

Firewall LOCKED by Windows Group Policy? Can't get on Internet! [ 2 Answers ]

My dad recently gave me his old work laptop that he used at the college which he worked at... I have been trying to get on the internet at home, however, I'm only able to find the wireless connection, (no internet). I looked at the firewall settings and since the computer was under the "Windows...

Getting through the 'firewall' in Win98 Internet Connection Sharing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wireless network where every computer in the house can see all the rest except one (for which I have not purchased a wireless card for). That one is hard wired to a Win98 SE machine that I have enabled internet connection sharing on. (The client computer to the Win98se machine also has a...

View more questions Search