Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 7, 2015, 11:04 AM
    IE Locked
    My 3 yr. old nephew downloaded a "free" game from ROVIO.Com.

Now, the taskbar IE logo has a lock on it, Google is the homepage and there are several websites that I cannot get rid of.

The unit is a Dell Venue 11 using Win 8.1 and IE 11.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2015, 11:15 AM
    Start by going into the Control Panel and Programs and Features. Uninstall programs from there if you can. Make sure to research or ask before uninstalling programs if you are unsure.

You should create a new Standard User profile for guests, that does not allow them to install any programs on their own.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 7, 2015, 12:01 PM
    To late, the little darling "borrowed" the tablet when I left the room. Normally he is not allowed to even touch it!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 8, 2015, 04:49 AM
    Also can you see the "tools" menu ? If you can and you can open it then you should see "manage addons". You can turn things off from there too if you can get to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie woman kidnapped locked in a room and locked in a box [ 1 Answers ]

Im Looking For This Movie I Watched A Few Years Ago, Where This Woman, And I think Her Husband had been captured and SHE was locked in a room with nothing but a matress and a toilet, And There Is This Man That Comes Over An Intercom And Talks To Her Every Once In A While, she had to drink from the...

Locked out [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to check emails but can not get into my email . Tried changing my pass word and it locks me out. What do I do?

Locked up PC [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot get pass the desktop. I have no icons. The wallpaper has the date on it and is correct. The screensaver also works and has a clock on it that is correct. I can move the mouse arrow around... but can't get into anything. The PC has been sitting for a couple of months. Just hooked it...

I'm getting locked up. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How long is the statue of limations on a juvinlie on probation if I run away... mind you I ture 18 in about 4 months... Please help.

View more questions Search