Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbleic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2015, 06:05 PM
    Cmos jumper toshiba mb255
    I need to reset my bios password on my laptop because windows will not open without one. Where is the cmos jumper on a toshiba mb255 mini laptop? The cmos battery is soldered on the mother board so that would be difficult to remove. If it doesn't have a jumper how can it be reset? Ive tried backdoor passwords suggested for Phoenix Bios but none work. I appreciate your help.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2015, 06:54 PM
    As per site rules we cannot help you bypass any security measures. I can recommend calling Toshiba tech support or seeking help at a reputable computer shop. Removing the battery in more modern computers will rarely reset the password, just reset your settings and give you a Checksum error.

By the way, the jumpers on laptops are often just copper contacts not actual pins.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 5, 2015, 08:02 PM
    If your needing to reset the bios password then contact the manufacturer. You will have to provide all the info on the laptop and they can tell you the specific factory reset password for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cmos password reset for Toshiba laptop [ 0 Answers ]

I have a toshiba laptop satellite L5050 GS6000. I am unable to reset or flush the cmos password. The battery is is sodered and I do not have a welding tool kit to break it and weld back up? On occasion is comes up as firmware cmos battery failure - Option F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup....

Motherboard "Clear CMOS" Jumper or Dipswitch settings location [ 1 Answers ]

- on toshiba satellite A300 - how to clear the bios password? - I took off bios the RTC battery, the main battery, - unplugged the main power - left the PC 24 hrs without all these things on it However, ther's no hdd Would u tell me how to clear up this headache giver?

How do I remove the CMOS battery from a Toshiba NB255-N250? [ 0 Answers ]

My friend sold me a computer with a system password and is now away on vacation. I heard that taking out the CMOS battery can clear it, but I don't want to mess around in a computer without first knowing what I'm doing. Can you help me?

Toshiba a205 lost bios password removed cmos battery and still can't get in to boot [ 4 Answers ]

I have a toshiba laptop A205-5809 it's a 2008. I haven't used it in awhile and I can't remember my password. I was told to remove the cmos battery to fix the problem. I did that and it still comes up to the password screen. I hit enter and it still will not let me in. I have tried it with the cmos...

Cmos problem [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I turn off my PC and unplug it to electrical socket I have to configure the cmos setup of my PC.. I already changed the battery of my motherboard and check the jumper setting.. still,the problem exist! I appreciate any suggestion for my problem.. tnx!

View more questions Search