Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nayah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2015, 01:04 PM
    Can I petition for my son.
    I am a permant resident. When I was doing my greeencard the lawyer did all the paperwork. Now I just found out he did not include my son. How can I petition for him and get him over here?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 6, 2015, 01:34 PM
    Did you have a written agreement with the lawyer? If so, did the agreement mention whether the lawyer was to include your son in the petition?
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Apr 6, 2015, 03:23 PM
    What do you mean by "he did not include my son"?

If you mean your son didn't immigrate at the same time as you, he can probably still do it now, assuming your green card wasn't through the Diversity Visa lottery.

If you mean when he filled out the question on the form asking about all your children, he didn't list your son, that would be a big problem because then you lied on the form.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Petition for my son [ 1 Answers ]

Can a file a petition for my unmarried 32 years old son, who came to us 10 years ago with a visitor visa and overstayed in the US? I am a us citizen

Petition [ 2 Answers ]

Dear ma'am My father is american citizen but he already fast away last oct.2012,he petition my married brother way back 1993. Last 2010 my brother petition was updated they already finish all the document and then suddenly stop sending them for further info.we paid already there visa fee.is...

How to start a petition [ 5 Answers ]

Six cars (including mine) were vandalized (tires slashed, windows smashed in, items stolen) in my parking garage last week. We have since heard stories from several neighbors about how this has been an ongoing and frequent problem for at least the last four years in the parking garage, and the...

The Petition! [ 26 Answers ]

I really don't have a preference yet as far as for whom to vote, but I did find the following email that I received recently to be funny! I usually don't pass along these "add your name" lists that appear in my email, but this one is too important! This one has been circulating for 6...

View more questions Search