Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlb917 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2015, 08:56 AM
    If recipe calls for self-rising flour
    If a recipe calls for self-rising flour but you only have all purpose how much baking powder should you add?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 6, 2015, 09:20 AM
    For every cup of all purpose add 1-1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The recipe calls for flour-do I use plain or self-rising? [ 3 Answers ]

I have looked at several recipes that I want to try. Some call for flour, but do not specify plain or self-rising. Is there some unspoken rule that it implies one or the other?

All purpose flour or self rising flour [ 2 Answers ]

Last time I purchased flour I repackaged into airtight container and put in refrigerator; now I do not remember if it is all purpose or self rising flour. How can I determine?

I have a recipe that calls for two cups of self rising flour. [ 2 Answers ]

I am baking above 5000 ft. What amount of regular flour plus baking soda and salt would be the equal of two cups of self rising flour.

When a Recipe Calls for Using One Egg, What Size Egg Do They Mean? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, all! Okay, some recipes call for only one egg to use in the mix. This would usually be for when we might be baking something. What size egg do they mean, please? I'm the kind of person who likes to buy the jumbo ones! Thanks!

Self rising flour [ 1 Answers ]

Mostly we use all purpose flour. My wife made some donuts, did not add Any spices, yet the donuts came out very salty, had to throw them out. I also tried to make gravy did not use any spices, but the gravy was Very salty too. What is it with this flour, I know it has baking powder/soda But...

View more questions Search