Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notlike7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2015, 07:14 AM
    UP-Flush piping construction on a 90 bend please help
    Hello

I have an upflush in basement the discharge pipe goig up and then 90 bend

Heed help how to properly configure this set up Please tell me which is best way to set this up from pictures below

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  117.3 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  110.7 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  111.8 KB
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 6, 2015, 07:33 AM
    Please explained exactly what it is you wish to do. Back to you, Tom
    notlike7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2015, 07:37 AM
    UP-FLUSH discharge going up than gravity drain

Look at pictures let me know what is the best way to construct the 90 degree bend, from UP-flushing bending 90 to gravity drain
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 6, 2015, 11:25 AM
    Use the long sweep 90 degree fitting at top... no need to use a trap or clean out here. Then, connect the drain pipe to a large drain pipe using a wye and a clean out.

Mark
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Apr 6, 2015, 12:09 PM
    I would also include an isolation valve, check valve, and union...
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 6, 2015, 12:34 PM
    An isolation valve and a union are always a good idea (requirement) on these, but all macerator pumps I've ever installed have an internal check valve so that should not be needed here. Of course, if you check the installation manual you will see manufacturer recommendation for drain AND vent requirements!

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Normal bend versus long bend [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing 3”copper drain pipe with 3” PVC. The horizontal run is appx. five feet (toilets,sinks) then transitions to a vertical run, then another horizontal to the sewer. I was originally going to use 90 degree long throw bends at both transition points, then I was told a normal throw/bend is...

Battery operated flush urinal won't flush [ 0 Answers ]

Battery operated flush urinal won't flush after installing new flush valve. Old flush valve had a small break in the bottom of the flush tube. After installing new flush valve it operated fine for 2 days. Then you could hear the flush motor run but no water would come through. Took apart, didn't...

I have a lead bend that is flush with the floor. A remove a little of the concrete ar [ 1 Answers ]

Around the perimeter of the bend to set the flange into. It give me just a little space to bend over the flange, not much. Do I need to solder it to make it air tight. How do I solder the bend onto the flange without affecting the lead bend which is embedded several inches of concrete.

View more questions Search