Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 5, 2015, 06:29 PM
    Tooth ache problems
    It looks like my tooth is growing into my gums. It's not a wisdom tooth either and it hurts bad. I don't have dental insurance anymore so going to a dentist will be costly for me. I have tried using salt water but that' didn't do anything and I use toothpaste that has baking soda in it. Is there another way I can stop this pain in my tooth without going to the dentist?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 5, 2015, 06:36 PM
    Unfortunately you will have to see a dentist to rule out infection.

Try ray to find out if there are any dental schools in your area. If you have a local health department they may also have dental services.
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 5, 2015, 07:24 PM
    All right I'll look some up. Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2015, 07:28 PM
    All pain relief is merely a temp fix. The local drug stores sell gels that may stop pain for a hour or two. But this is only to allow time to get into your dentist.

If there is a gum issue with the tooth, going to the dentist is the only thing. Also most people do not have dental insurance and have to work out payment plans with the dentist.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 6, 2015, 09:15 AM
    I would hazard a guess and say you have a serious periodontal problem going on there. No, your tooth isn't growing into your gums, your gum around the tooth is swollen probably because you have an infection at the base of the tooth which has no where to go but up and will build up until you can't stand the discomfort any longer.

See a dentist Immediately before it escalates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tooth ach. What should I take? Or do, until tomorrow?

Tooth.ache [ 1 Answers ]

Will any dentist make.fun and or question what have.u been doing with.ur teeth

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Tooth ache [ 3 Answers ]

I have a molar that hurts really bad. It feels like someone pulled a tooth out of me. What can this be? I don't have sore gums, they are not red and not swallen. It is just my tooth hurts bad. I take really good care of my teeth. What is causing this and how can I make the pain go away? I have...

#19 Tooth ache [ 5 Answers ]

I had a root canal on #19 in Dec 2008. This is after a Crown was placed on it in 2007 due to an old filing. The tooth has some pins due to a break years prior and a filling at age 13 which was around 1970. The tooth started to ache off and on around 2 weeks ago. Went back to the Endodontist and...

View more questions Search