Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thangthang Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2015, 07:59 PM
    I want to help felons get grant for school
    When a felon gets out I want him to come to my school I have a trucking school how long does it take for a grant get processed can I get it done while they are in jail
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 08:00 PM
    There is no such grant.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 09:00 PM
    First to be qualified for a grant, your school must qualify as an approved school. So have you qualified to receive government fund?

Next there are no grants for felons unless it is local grants or loans though non profits.

You can of course give them loans, or allow them free education to help them,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 1, 2015, 06:17 AM
    All those 'grants for felons' ads you see online are scams.
    There are some education programs. See the Education Connection.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2015, 08:40 AM
    If you are wealthy YOU can offer them grants from your own assets, or offer free or reduced cost training. But as others have pointed out. Conviction of a felony is not a shortcut to get free things at the expense of taxpayers.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2015, 06:56 AM
    What state are you in? Your research starts with becoming affiliated with a state approved program that works with felons. Every state has one so start with your own department of corrections to see if you meet state requirements. Also, grants for felons are dispersed through faith based organizations, private foundations, and non profit organization.

http://mygrantadvisor.com/assistance-for-ex-felons/

I can already tell you if you have no credible job placement service in place you can forget it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a grant for felons [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a grant that the government issues to felons to start a business?

What does a grant cover for felons [ 4 Answers ]

What does a federal grant for convicted felon do

Grant application for felons [ 0 Answers ]

I just got released from prison. I am not enrolled in school and trying to find a job. My credit is horriable and U have no bank account. How in the world can I get a grant to get on track, get my fines paid, get a car and a job.

Grant money for felons [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any resources that could provide a grant to a convicted felon (no jail time) to go to school to become a paralegal?

Gov. Grant for convicted felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon who needs a grant to pay bills to gat out 15,000 debt. Is there a gov. grant to help me?

View more questions Search