Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krob7170 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2015, 07:31 AM
    Hurt knee in fall
    I fell down some stairs and behind my right knee and on the right side it hurts. I do have some brusing on the calf. But behind and the side it feels stressed and hurts. Can I use a knee brace and IB to help with the pain or could it be worse. I know nothing broken I can walk.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 07:47 AM
    You really can't know whether you broke anything until you have an X-ray. Why not make a doctor's appointment for an exam and possible treatment?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 31, 2015, 09:09 AM
    You can also educate yourself, a good idea no matter what. Google "knee injuries" for starters. If you fell so that your leg twisted as you fell on your knee or the side of it, a common condition might be ACL, a damage to a ligament. Of course use a knee brace and ibuprofin and Tylenol (I take both). Keep flexing gently throughout the day, and try not to sit in one spot without moving it every few minutes. Take warm baths or showers. Keep it WARM and MOVING but only gently.

I once feel down some steps and had a huge swollen ankle with a huge bruise - but it was the tiny pain on the front of my knee that lasted for years. It was synovial fluid leaking out of the sac on the knee.

There are several ways to damage a knee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hurt my left knee playing soccer [ 0 Answers ]

About 8 weeks ago I hurt my left knee playing soccer. I am a goal keeper in a women’s team. I did a slide tackle to save the goal. I ran a fair distance and slid into the attacker with my right leg under my left. I felt pain instantly and the pain seemed to have travelled down my calf a bit. I...

Hurt my Knee while trotting out to my car [ 1 Answers ]

I started to trot out to my car in a parking lot this past Sat, when my knee gave out, it was very painful, I almost fell, when I sit, it seems like it gets worse, if I try to stand, I cannot put any weight on it, when walking its also painful, do I continue to walk on it for rehab purposes? Or am...

Why does my knee hurt [ 1 Answers ]

I went for a run earlier today and I noticed my knee starting hurting afterwards I didn't fallover it isn't swollen and I can still walk it just hurts it feels a little weak and num to. What could this be what should I do?

My knee really hurt. What is this? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm fourteen years old and my knees really hurt when I bend them. It's been happening for a couple of weeks now. Say if I bent my legs so I could touch my hands on floor when I try getting back up its really painful, it feels like my legs about to snap or when I wake up in the morning, my legs...

Hurt my knee cap what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I triped on my metal stiars and now my knee cap is dented and it hurts when I move it.

View more questions Search