Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katieob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2015, 08:20 PM
    Felon looking for school grants
    I want to finish my cosmetology licence? Have old student loans,From before I went in,and now I need another one ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 01:51 AM
    If you had federal student loans, you needed to have contacted them, and set up arrangements, because of no income, to some program. I will assume you did not do anything, except let them go into default.

There are no special grants normally for felons, if the felony was for drugs, then there will be even less available than for others.

But if you are in default on student loans you will not qualify for most other loans.

The school itself would know of any local programs perhaps though non profit groups to help felons.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 31, 2015, 03:23 AM
    Agree, I don't think you will get anymore loans, but you can look at the Education Connection website.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 03:43 AM
    You may never get another loan if you have one in default. What state are you in? Is it a federal student loan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felon grants [ 2 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon and it's hard to find a job and the apartments my wife and kids live in won't let me live with them because it is a drug case

Grants for driving school for convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all , I am a convicted felon over 2 years ago. I was released from State prison in June and am having a really hard time finding a job. I am looking into truck driving school but can not afford the tuition to join. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction. Im located in Berwick...

Felon grants [ 3 Answers ]

What kind of free government grants are available for me since I am a convicted felon

X felon looking for grants [ 1 Answers ]

I am a felon. I wish to go back to school. I have a AAS in Electronics. I an behind in student loans. Is their a way to get grants?

View more questions Search