Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lady H Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2015, 11:04 PM
    Baby with fever
    My baby is 3months old and she has cold & fever... is it common for her to sleep all day and not in the mood like she always do?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 07:03 AM
    When your child displays differences in moods is when you should take her to the doctor. Baby Tylenol/acetaminophen suspension is good at bringing down the fever.

When my little one has been sick she's spent more time sleeping and just kind of lethargic. I don't know if that's normal, but it is also how my wife deals with a cold or illness as well. I tend to just power through it and not sleep or be lazy.

How long has she had the fever?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 07:22 AM
    What temperature is the fever?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2015, 11:05 AM
    I agree that when an infant is lethargic and not their usual personality and have a fever, you should take the child to the doctor immediately. Do not ever give a child under the age of 12 aspirin - that used to be the usual course of action but they have discovered in more recent years that it can cause severe complications for the child. You can use baby Tylenol to control the fever - follow the directions. Even if the fever goes down though, take the child to the doctor right away.

Small babies can become dehydrated very easily and quickly and it can be a serious problem, so you don't want to wait to have her checked out.
    Lady H Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2015, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    When your child displays differences in moods is when you should take her to the doctor. Baby Tylenol/acetaminophen suspension is good at bringing down the fever.

When my little one has been sick she's spent more time sleeping and just kind of lethargic. I don't know if that's normal, but it is also how my wife deals with a cold or illness as well. I tend to just power through it and not sleep or be lazy.

How long has she had the fever?
    She has fever since last Thursday, but we brought her to the doc on Friday, it's just that the fever does not go off. Went to see another doc last night, gave her nebulizer and today she's at 37Celsius... still moody and not in the mood to play like she always do...

Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    What temperature is the fever?
    Today she's at 37C.. but the cold doesn't go off just yet...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 09:17 PM
    37C (98.6F) is a normal temperature. Continue to follow your doctor's orders. A cold doesn't go away over night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 16 months old baby has a high fever [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a 102.6 temperature and I am scared I don't know what to do but I already gave her twice of the Tylenol so is the temperature an emergency

Fever with a 5 month old baby [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do to sooth a 5 month old baby with fever?

I have a 2 month old baby and caughs but no fever [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 month baby girl is caughing but no fever

8 month baby having fever from 2 days [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My baby is 8 month old and she is having fever from last 2 days, we have given her Tylanol on alternate 4-5 hours, it reduces after giving medicine, but again back after some time. I asked Pediatration but she did not give any satisfied answer and were asking to come in emergency service,...

View more questions Search