Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 10, 2007, 03:52 AM
    UK Spec Mk5 VW Golf Heater Buttons
    Ok, this is very likely a stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere;

In my Mk5 VW Golf, where the screen heating buttons are (i.e. rear window heat etc... ) there is a little blue plastic circle.

What the hell is it?

I've looked everywhere for info, even asked a couple of VW dealerships, but no-one seems sure what, if anything, it does!

Just wondering if anyone else knows?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Blue likely indicates coolness. Is there a scale where blue is cool and red is hot? See now if you can make sense of it.

Apr 10, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Nope, it's nothing like that, sorry!

It's a little round 'nubbin' in the centre of a circular cluster of buttons.

Nov 1, 2007, 01:56 AM
    Oh, by the way, my car went in for a service recently... so I asked!

Apparently it doesn't do anything and it isn't connected to anything... and never has been, so it is just there for show!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 09:04 AM
    That's weird! Does it look like it is a switch, or a lense over a lamp?
    Or just decoration? Seem odd they would go through the trouble to put something in there only to have no function at all...

Nov 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Yeah, exactly like a lense over something!
    I'm guessing they put it in the design for something in the early stages (something to do with bluetooth is my guess) but then decided against it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Kind Of Pills Are These And The Spec Please [ 24 Answers ]

I Found A Round Pill That Is White And Has A Number 512 On One Side Then A Line On The Other I Was Told It Was A O.codone Is That True I Found A Pill With A Cursive V On One Side On Other Side It Has A Line And A Number That Says 35 92 It's A Oval Shape I Was Told It Was A Vicodin

Whirlpool dishwasher buttons not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Whirlpool undercounter dishwasher model number DUL300XTKQ that I purchased in July of 2002. About a month ago, the "Normal' wash button stopped working or responding to being pushed. Soon after, the 'pots& pans' stopped as well. Sometimes, I will check and the pots and Pans will...

Keyboard buttons incorrect [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Asus A6Tc ( http://uk.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=5&l2=24&l3=134&model=1186&modelmenu=1 ). I have discovered that although all the alphabetical letters enter correctly, a lot of the numbers and symbols don't. The key right of 'L' and left of 'enter' has an '@' symbol on its upper half....

Why are the buttons on men's and women's shirts on different sides? [ 1 Answers ]

Would anyone happen to know why men's and women's shirts are on different sides? I am quite curious. Thanks. Brian.

View more questions Search