Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hugostrange22 Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2015, 07:35 PM
    Diet Cross Road
    I'm 24, 6 ft, probably around 270. I don't look super unhealthy but I'm over weight and would love to get slim. An odd thing about me is that at my age without meds I have a blood pressure of sometimes 200 over 100. And even after about 3 weeks of eating extremely healthy/exercise there wasn't much change to that.

My doctor is convinced that my diet couldn't be the cause of such high BP. So I'm on 3 blood pressure meds and I thyroid pill because it's slightly under active. I'm curious if healthy living makes thyroid better? I don't really understand much about how it works.

As of recent, I've started cooking lately and instead of eating 90% of fast food as all my meals, I'm doing about 70% grilled veggies+chicken wraps or raw things like I love raw tomatoes and like 30% fast food. So... I guess I've improved a bit haha, but I'm not seeing any change honestly. But I haven't gotten much into exersise yet. I'm still trying to push through that mental block. But once I get passed it I know I can go for a good while.

I once heard that if you cut out portions of fat from your diet that your body would store them more efficiently. Could someone clear up this?

I've been reading about these "raw" diets and "juicing diets" a lot lately.

A few years ago before I seriously read up about these sort of diets I made up my own where I just ate lots of mixed veggies and lemon/lime water for about 3-4 weeks while I was out of work extremely hard. I lost around 30 pounds I think, and then the stress from my new job and lack of time to exercise as intensely as I was hindered me.

I sort of just slid into depression from a dead end job and gaining those pounds back. I guess what I'm asking is what exactly is the best diet for me at this point.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 01:55 AM
    You will need to watch of course salt content.

Get rid of most canned foods at home.

Try to go 0 amount of fast foods, as much as possible.

Use fresh foods in your cooking, ( a lot of the wraps at fast food places not as healthy as people always say)

Start walking, getting some exercise.

Yes in most cases this will after time, (3 weeks is not time) 3 months is time. You may see a difference. Now even the best health person, may get a illness and have problems, so it is not a cure for all things.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2015, 04:22 AM
    You are 24, and despite the stresses of life, you have to make time to eat right, smaller portions of the right foods, and EXERCISE. Exercise is the best stress relief in the world, and is as important as what you eat. Your doctor can recommend a good nutritious diet, but only you can make a habit to walk off the worry. I get my fast food from the deli, a pre made salad, not fries and a whopper. 30% fast, greasy food is a killer.

It's a matter of good habits over bad ones, as a regular routine done over years, NOT days or weeks. Start slow and keep doing the right things, and walk instead of eat, especially JUNK! It has to be a way of life, a way to live right, not a fad to look good, but BE good.

Not only will you be healthier in mind, body, and soul, your body will thank you later in life by you taking better care of it now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road? [ 32 Answers ]

In this time of enhanced enlightenment, knowledge, sophistication, prophetic messages coming true, men becoming women and women becoming men, space exploration, computers making the world like some huge spider web... But, the cows still get milked, the farmers still plant their seeds and the...

Three college kids traveling on a road trip before college and cross into russia [ 1 Answers ]

Three colege kids traveling on a road trip before they return to school cross the russian boarder and end up running from russian boarder patrol. They are wrongly accused of rape and murder of a young girl and are placed in a russian jail

An old cartoon about an Echidna trying to cross the road! [ 6 Answers ]

The echidna had a wombat friend I think. The cartoon was part of a collection of funnies. Another one had a gardener who cut hedges into shapes that would come alive, I think they used to chase two children, a boy and girl. They were drawn old style with big heads and mouths but real skinny arms...

Why did the chicken cross the road? [ 8 Answers ]

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here. AL GORE: I invented the chicken. I invented the road. Therefore, the...

View more questions Search