Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Todd Kirby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2015, 05:47 PM
    I have a Tappan FG6RL 100C-16B. The fire box won't stay lit for more than 5 sec.
    I have an amber light that flashes four times. The igniter lights for about 5 seconds then the flame shuts off and never heats up the plenum. What do you think that this could be?

Model # Tappan FG6RL 100C-16B
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2015, 05:54 PM
    Most likely all you need to do is clean the flame sensor. It is usually a rod in a procelain base & located on the opposite end of the burner rack from the ignitor. Remove the sensor, clean the rod well with a scotch brite pad or steel wool (don't use sandpaper), reinstall, & try it. Let us know how things go.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2015, 06:40 AM
    Somewhere on your heater, usually in the fan case, will be a flash code. They are not universal. For example, 4 on a Goodman is high temp safety which I doubt is yours if it is only running 5 seconds. As Grady says, clean the sensor, NOT the igniter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unvented gas fire pilot will not stay lit. [ 0 Answers ]

Tried to light the gas fireplace pilot for the winter. The pilot lights normally and remote control works properly for a few minutes. Then the pilot goes out. When attempting to relight the pilot the flame goes out when the pilot button is released no matter how long it is held down. The fireplace...

6.5 birggs mower fires,but won't stay on but 2-3 sec. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello folks, Problem: 6.5 briggs OHV fires but won't stay on. I cleaned the carb,which was pretty bad,cleaned the entier fuel system,fresh gas,good spark,adjusted valves,checked timing key was in place,checked the crank for worpeness it check fine.I have to pull the rope 6-8 times and it will...

Won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

Does the pilot light have to stay lit on the majestic gas fire place over the summer? [ 4 Answers ]

The pilot light is on and it is in the upper 90's. The glass is radiating heat. Does the pilot light need to be kept on over the summer?

View more questions Search