Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harleo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2015, 04:14 PM
    Wages that are exempt from garnishment
    I am currently and have been receiving Social Security Disability benefits since 2012, but have been enrolled in the Ticket to Work program of the Social Security Administration. I have been earning wages from a part time job while in this Ticket to Work program during the past year. A creditor is now attempting to garnish my wages due to a Judgement from 2008 from this part time job. Since this Ticket to Work is administered by the Social Security Administration and since my Disability benefits are exempt from garnishment under Sec.207 [42 U.S.C. 407] of the Social Security Laws, wouldn't these wages also be exempt from wage garnishment??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2015, 04:19 AM
    I highly doubt it. Have you asked the SSA?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small business checking exempt from garnishment? [ 2 Answers ]

Is my small business checking account exempt from garinshment?

1040 NR Exempt wages [ 2 Answers ]

I did the schedule OI found the tax treaty which gave me $5000 exempt wages. I put 5000 on line 22, but it's not included on anywhere else on the return, do I just subtract it from my total w2 wages and enter the net amount to box 8? Is that how it works? Thanks

What funds are exempt from garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

My bank account was frozen pending garnishment from a debt collector today. The only funds in the accont were proceeds from my husbands federal student loans. Are these funds exempt in AL? What can I do to get them back?

Texas -- collection, judgment, exempt wages, bank account [ 4 Answers ]

I'm asking this question for a friend. He currently lives in Texas and has lived here for the past 16 years. He was recently sued for an old credit card debt, but no court date or judgment has been given yet. At this time he cannot afford bankruptcy although it will be something he'll seek out...

1040NR-EZ Total wages and scholarships exempt by a treaty [ 3 Answers ]

I came to US in October, 06 on H1B visa from India and would be filing my US returns for the first time. I would be filing my 1040NR-EZ form and in that context would like to know a) what is the amount I should put against line 6 Total wages and scholarships exempt by a treaty from page 2, Item...

View more questions Search