Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZombieVape Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2015, 03:43 PM
    A week old assault and loss of hearing
    A week ago I was hit in the side of the face resulting in deafness in my left ear and black eye. Half my face was swollen. Well the following Monday I ended up getting sick, went to the doctors found out I have viral bronchitis and a bacterial ear infection in the middle ear... I started anti biotics two days ago my hearing is still gone and I am still feeling off balance will I heal OK? Or is this permanent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 05:41 PM
    No one online could even guess, if this is all the issue, then with follow up and proper treatment, you should recover. But if there is other problems, if you do not go back to the doctor and get proper follow up, long term problems could exist.

Did the doctor link the illness to the attack? I assume the doctor was told about the attack.

How long did the doctor say the medication would take to work?

When are you suppose to go back to the doctor?

Was this a ear doctor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hearing loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Doctor, Am 33 years old.When I was around 10years old, I got earache. When I told this to my mother, she heated little 'zandu balm' used for head ache and poured into my right ear. Since I was too young so I could realize that my hearing was completely lost from that day on wards.Now am doing...

Hearing loss [ 5 Answers ]

I was tested for hearing loss and told that a hearing aid wouldn't help . My wife at times is my ears as people pass and she will tell me they spoke to me. I turn the TV or radio up and it seems normal to me but my wife tells me it's way to loud. Someone says something to me and I give them a...

Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I have a cold -I have a hearing loss due to blockage in both years and it takes at least a week to restore hearing after using antibiotics .This does not seem to happen with everybody who has a cold .Any preventive treatment ? -need an advise badly since I am a teacher and cannot work...

Hearing Loss [ 1 Answers ]

From my right ear cotinuous whispering sound come.I have undergone tympanoplastic surgery of both ears.But I don't get relief .wat I do now?can anyone suggest me.

View more questions Search