Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    backhoe13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2015, 08:48 PM
    Is this short announcement grammatical? Is it too wordy and hard to understand?
    BTW, the rules of St. Patrick affect nearby parishes and communities.

"In accordance with the guidelines of the Parish of St. Patrick, the Anticipated Mass for the celebration of Easter this coming Saturday should start at 9 o’clock p.m. However, considering the difficulty and inconvenience of celebrating the mass on such a late hour, the Berkeley Square Community sees it best to cancel our Anticipated Mass for Easter on April 4. The regular schedule of our Anticipated Sunday Mass will resume on April 11 at 5 o’clock p.m. Thank you. "
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 02:52 AM
    Really too wordy, and for some perhaps even confusing, when you talk about when the mass will be, then that it is cancelled. The entire first half is not really needed.

Really all that is needed is:

"The Berkeley Square Community sees it best to cancel our Anticipated Mass for Easter on April 4. The regular schedule of our Anticipated Sunday Mass will resume on April 11 at 5 o’clock p.m. Thank you. "
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 28, 2015, 06:51 AM
    I agree! I might insert 'because of the late hour' somewhere.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 07:33 AM
    Celebrating a mass ON such a late hour? How about AT a late hour? Also, why will we be celebrating mass 6 days, on the 11th, 6 days after the fact?

This is all wrong on many levels.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 08:29 AM
    This would be my version,

"The Anticipated Mass for the celebration of Easter this coming Saturday should start at 9 o'clock p.m. However, the Berkeley Square Community sees it best to cancel our Anticipated Mass for Easter on April 4. The regular schedule of our Anticipated Sunday Mass will resume on April 11 at 5 o'clock p.m. Thank you. "

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My voice is very unclear and deep its hard for others to understand [ 5 Answers ]

When I speak to someone or in front of people I am not confident because my voice is really unclear it is mumbling. And deep I've tried to speak low but they must be able to hear. And it still sounds the same. I have started a course and in there we have to do team work speaking in front of people...

Is this sentence wordy or what? [ 12 Answers ]

Please evaluate: "Dear friend perhaps we should talk as I can smell the burning passion I as well have. We both have soaring desires to defeat the communist insurgents and leave them with nothing. However it is our misfortune that none of us can do it alone. But with our talents fused together,...

Hard to Understand - Addiction, Fear or Selfishness? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex and I never finalized the divorce, but have been separated for 3 years. Although separated, we've never been completely away from each other. We had started to grow apart as he spent more and more time drinking with a buddy of his - they went fishing but would stop at a waterside bar and...

Guys Are Hard To Understand [ 7 Answers ]

I was dating some guy for about 2 years I love him a lot but sometimes I feel like if my feelings are going away for him and its hard to explain because when I hear something about him with someone else I want to cry is it love or what ?

He doesn't understand how hard it to raise her alone. [ 7 Answers ]

Okay obviously there is a simple answer to this question but I need the encouragement that goes with it. My ex was court ordered to pay a monthly child support, its kind of high but for two reason's: a. he makes almost 5000 dollars a month and b. Hes never hom and I take care of our little girl...

View more questions Search