Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raincrow55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2015, 03:20 PM
    Compressor size versus air handler
    We recently purchased a villa with a four yr old AC. Supposedly a 2 1/2 ton. After having the service guy out for a problem, we've learned the Compressor is a 2 1/2 Ton, but the Air Handler is a 2 Ton. Would that be efficient for our 1,350 ft home, & is that even legal to claim they had put in a 2 1/2 Ton when they hadn't?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2015, 06:02 PM
    Some air handlers will do 2 or 2 1/2 tons yet are just labeled as a 2 ton. If you will provide the make, model, & serial numbers of both the air handler & outdoor unit, we might be able to determine if what you have is a proper match or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor comes on air handler does not [ 1 Answers ]

Mouse chewed through the wires from the thermostat to the compressor. When I reattached the red to the red and the white to the white the compressor runs but the air handler does not. The way I diagnosed the problem was last year the same thing happened. My wife turned on the A/C in the office but...

Central air cond air handler doesn't come on but compressor does. [ 98 Answers ]

If I don't turn the central air on in the morning, when the attic is cooler, the air handler won't come on but the compressor outside fires up. At night when the attic cools down, the air handler will work. I have replaced the T-Stat but that didn't help. Today, I put the fan on first, and it...

Air Handler vs. Compressor [ 7 Answers ]

I had a problem with my A C and the company said it was the compressor and the air handler, The compressor was old and the air handler had a leak in the refridg. Line. It turned out to be my air handler coils were dirty and old. They replaced the compressor 10 months before my air Handler because...

Air handler works fine but compressor will not shut off. Air is cold. [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed the floor was very cold at the airhandler closet. A coils are clean in airhandler and I replaced the filter.My outside compressor just keeps running without stopping.Airhandler seems to be cycling on and off like it should.

Air Handler vs. Compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for the quick answer. I had asked the company to please just charge the refridg. And it wuld last me another season. I told them about financing. But that's not what I need to know. The handler was bad not the compressor, but they replaced it assuming it was the problem. The compressor held...

View more questions Search