Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nouf101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2015, 04:08 PM
    Cat is not feeding her kittens properly
    My birman cat gave birth to three kittens two days ago and she feeds them but sometimes she leaves them even though she hears them crying for her.
    I try to force her to stay with them but I'm not around her all the time. What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 04:26 PM
    She knows what she is doing. You have to leave them alone, and her.

Is she a first time mom? Tell us more if you want a good answer.

this breed is very gentle. Looks like a log haired Siamese, right ?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Mar 26, 2015, 05:40 PM
    Just like human moms, momma cats need time away from their kids. As long she's feeding them and they're growing and healthy, I wouldn't worry. Kittens are deaf and blind for the first week or two after they're born. They're probably crying because they have no way of knowing where she is, and it scares them. Just keep an eye on them and make sure they're strong and growing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens at 2am and it is 3pm and still no more kittens,is normal [ 0 Answers ]

My cat had 2 kittens at 2am,healthy and it is 3 pm and still no more yet but they are moving around in her belly and she is still in labor but not contracting that hard at all.thats 13 hours now is that normal. She don't act like she's having problems.

How do I know if my stray cat is still feeding her kittens [ 0 Answers ]

So there this stray cat who has been coming to my house for the past two years in that time I allways fed her but I can't let her in the house because my husband is alerject to cats and I have two dogs. Before she (the cat) had kittens but I didn't see them because she brout them to my nabors...

When do I start feeding my 5 week kittens cat food? [ 1 Answers ]

My kittens are about 5 weeks now and very much alert like their mama... but I have them in a really big box in one of the rooms in the house that my mama cat picked on her own, it's more like a room that I have things stored in there but she liked it because it's less noisier than the other rooms...

Feeding kittens [ 3 Answers ]

How many times a day do you feed baby kittens??

Feeding kittens [ 1 Answers ]

When and what should I feed my cats kittens?

View more questions Search