Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2015, 09:27 PM
    How can I lose 40 lbs?
    Long story short: used to be super athletic... way back when... eventually became 205 lbs... got injured with my right knee, my weight shot up due to bad eating habits and injury to 240 lbs. I tried doing If it fits your macros and bought a scale, got the calories/ macros right and on point, was lost 4 pounds give or take, after a month or so... progress was way too slow and the lifestyle isn't something I can keep up with. Constantly weighing portions and trying to catch up with macros... only exercise that I can do is swim and jump rope without pain, any running and I feel my knee is going to rip apart. How can I get back down to around 205 again? I look super huge, bulky, I'm 27% body fat, and feel disgusting. Tell me what I can do and what my new game plan is? I'm not doing weights. I've recently started a jump rope/calisthenics routine that goes a little light on the legs... I have till August...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2015, 10:37 PM
    What about walking, if you can jump rope, most likely you can do many things. You take walks, so some exercise, and watch what you eat. Not as much exact counts, but eat balanced foods, give up soft drinks, sugar drinks, stop all fast foods, and junk foods, eat more fresh veggies and a lot less fried foods.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 26, 2015, 06:38 AM
    You are spending too much angst on weighing portions and thinking someone is going to shoot you in August. Your thinking is rigid. Keep swimming and jumping rope and the rest of what Fr_Chuck suggested. I'd like to suggest, as part of a less anxious way of thinking, that you take up an activity that is pleasurable in and of itself, aside from it being part of a weight loss plan.

Can you name any that might appeal to you? Walking is a good start. Offer to walk someone's dog for free, maybe doing spped walking, despite how funny it looks. Join an outdoor club like AMC or whatever is local to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 07:19 AM
    Get a smaller plate and stop at one sensible portion, not weighed. You build a new lifestyle that you enjoy with friends family, and activities you enjoy, and look forward to, NOT drudge your way through.

Many of us were super athletes back in the day, but time changes that and that fantastic stuff we did with ease is a memory we cherish, but now we are smarter, and can think before we act or react, and have more patience to deal with the disappointments of not being young, and having instant gratifications at success.

So how old are you NOW? Obviously your plan is not reasonable or sustainable, so get one that is, and that YOU can work and enjoy. Its recommended you consult a physician FIRST.
    bmichelle97 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2015, 02:08 PM
    Drink 8 oz of water before every meal. It'll make you eat less plus, you'll be getting some of the water your body needs everyday
    allen dawson Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2015, 03:17 AM
    1) Drink 8 glasses of water everyday
    This one is obvious and broadly recommended, however, the reason I recommend it is slightly different. Drinking eight glasses of water per day
    2) Make your diet plan
    This very important eat lot of vegetable and fruits .
    Workout plan
    3) Every morning and evening 1 hour doing workout .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How would I lose 80-90 lbs. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still in school and my low self confidence and my weight issues have been interfering with my classes. All I think about during classes is how fat I am or how the thinner girls must be laughing at me. I'm turning 13, I'm 5'3" last time I checked and weigh about 195 lbs.. I'm really embarrassed...

How can I lose 30 lbs in 2 months? [ 12 Answers ]

I need to lose about 30 pounds or month in the next month or two and I'm not sure how To do it the right way. Im trying to do it where I don't have to purdge or starve myself.. Somebody please help me && tell me how I can do it the right way :confused:

I need to lose about 50 lbs in 8 months [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am 21 and 5'7 and I need to lose 50 lbs in 8 mouths. I'm getting married and I'm tired of being overweight. I keep gaining weight and I don't know how to lose it. I've tried about everything. I am currently drinking acai and Noni juice mixes and it seems to suppress the hunger. For as long...

I need to lose 150 lbs [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(

I need to lose 50 lbs as fast as possible [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I am about 50 lbs overweight, not obese but just overweight. It is so hard for me to lose weight, I have tried diets and everything. I was in an accident about a year and a half ago, I lost over 30 lbs after that but then gained back more than I lost. I broke my legs so I cannot exercise like...

View more questions Search