Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deborah8788 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2015, 01:04 PM
    Dry Air causing sore nostrils
    How can we get more moisture in the air from the humidifier that is attached to the furnace? Thank you
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Mar 24, 2015, 01:18 PM
    What's the make and model number? Do you have a humidistat on the furnace duct? Are you getting any water out of the drain line?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2015, 02:50 PM
    I much prefer free standing humidifiers to those being furnace mounted.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 08:59 PM
    There may be limits to the amount on a furnace. I agree, in really dry area, free standing humidifiers can add a lot of moisture. I use them at both of my homes

Mar 25, 2015, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bitters View Post
    What's the make and model number? Do you have a humidistat on the furnace duct? Are you getting any water out of the drain line?
    Thanks for the reply. The make is Luxaire, but I don't know the model no It is 10 years old. Yes there is a humidistat and there is water coming out of the drain line. Thanks

Mar 25, 2015, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah8788 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The make is Luxaire, but I don't know the model no> It is 10 years old. Yes there is a humidistat and there is water coming out of the drain line. Thanks
    I will consider a portable humidifier in the bedroom.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Mar 25, 2015, 12:06 PM
    Make sure the damper is set to winter.

Apr 3, 2015, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bitters View Post
    Make sure the damper is set to winter.
    Thank you. I made sure the damper is set to winter, it was between. I also purchased a humidity monitor, so I am getting a handle on things. Thanks again for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Vagina is very sore and dry [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 16 and I had sex with my boyfriend the other day and my vagina has started to be very dry and sore. Ive never had it before, but its hurts to walk. I'll ignore the pain and just get along with me day. Im on the Yasmin pill, and I forgot to take it a couple of days ago and suddenly came on and...

What does it mean when your nipples are sore and dry [ 1 Answers ]

They are all dry and are white at the tip

Sore/dry throat [ 3 Answers ]

Been having a problem of a dry and sometimes slightly sore throat.Have had this problem for about four months now.Now its not the whole throat that is dry,its either the left or right side,sometimes it's a little spot not always sore but very irritating and makes me always want to clear the throat...

Why is my vagina swollen, sore and dry? [ 3 Answers ]

Just to let everyone know, I have had tonsillitis for the past 3 days and it is slowly going away. I have a headache now and a bit of a dry throat and that's all. But a few days ago I've noticed that my vagina doesn't look like itself. It is rather swollen and my inner labia are a bit stretched...

View more questions Search