Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnnaMonae1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2015, 03:49 PM
    Do all teeth decayed due to periodontal disease have to be pulled?
    I have 3 decayed front top teeth that my dentist wants to pull. By me being so young I don't want them pulled since I can't afford partials. What other options are there?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 23, 2015, 04:56 PM
    This can't be answered online.
    The teeth need to be X rayed and gums examined, in each specific situation.
    Periodontitis doesn't just stay in one spot. What are you doing to treat that, to stop it from spreading, if it hasn't?
    Many people with no way to pay for all this expensive dental work just let their teeth rot and break off til what's left is below the gum line. But even that has to be extracted if you are going to have dentures or partials.
    For all of history, people just let their teeth rot. That hastens various medical conditions that shorten life somewhat - placque gets in the body, mouth bacteria have been found in arthritic joints, etc.
    Are you a smoker? That will make all this worse too.

Talk to your dentist about a top row of 'cosmetic' fake teeth just for smiling, not for chewing food. A cheaper option.
    You can buy them online for about $40, but I don't know what they are called offhand. They do need teeth on the sides to connect to by little beads that slip in a gap.
    Buy a mini-chopper for foods so that you can continue to eat high fiber, healthy food.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMonae1 View Post
    I have 3 decayed front top teeth that my dentist wants to pull. By me being so young I don't want them pulled since I can't afford partials. What other options are there?
    Poor dental hygiene is the only reason to have front teeth rotting which in turn has compromised the tissue in the surrounding area. Because that area is not suitable for anything else because of this, your best approach is having them extracted. Have it done and have a partial plate made to sub for the missing front teeth. This is not a big expense. If you still want to look nice, find the money.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 24, 2015, 04:11 AM
    If this person is in the US, it's a big expense.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 04:30 AM
    I guess it is a issue of what you consider high money. There are many places, that do full and partial dentures at fairly reasonable prices.

The high quality very light weight ones can be very pricy. f

But if the decay is bad enough, then yes they will need to be pulled. If not, extensive dental work, which may cost more than the dentures .
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 05:42 AM
    This is a BIG expense. We cannot advise you via the internet. You will have to talk to your dentist and get a second, or third, opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What becomes of pulled teeth? [ 18 Answers ]

Just curious, why are dentists so secretive about/unwilling to show you your own teeth that they pull? I ask because I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled by 3 different dentists at 4 different times and they all had excuses or reasons I couldn't even look at my own tooth. Reasons given: We already disposed...

Can I go into hospital to have my all my teeth pulled out? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 40 years old and have very bad teeth can I go in to hospital to have them all removed and if so how do I go about it

Is periodontal disease contagious? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend has periodontal disease. I recently noticed that sometimes when I don't floss for a time my gums bleed a little. Is that normal or is this disease contagious? :( My wisdom teeth are now emerging, so there is no pain to them as yet! Could they be the cause of the gum changes? Anyone...

Periodontal disease transmission [ 9 Answers ]

I understand that periodontal disease can be transmitted through saliva. I have a friend that has it, and I would like for her to spend the night at my place. We would be sharing a bed and blanket, my question is, is it possible to get periodontal from just being in a room with her where she coughs...

Decayed teeth of 15 month old boy [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 15 months old and has got 4 teeth but one of his teeth has turned black and is decaying I don't know the reason and I'm really worried please help me what should I do.he is also teeting for his other teeths.

View more questions Search