Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 23, 2015, 11:26 AM
    Water leak in refrigerator
    I have a water leak in my Whirlpool refrigerator. It does not appear to be coming from the icemaker in the freezer.

I didn't see any seals that might be at fault.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 23, 2015, 11:29 AM
    Is the water on the floor or inside the frig?

Mar 23, 2015, 11:52 AM
    Inside the fridge
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 23, 2015, 12:28 PM
    Try dumping all of your ice and shut off the supply of water to the ice maker. Let me know tomorrow if you still get more water inside the frig, or when you see it. I suspect you have a faulty fill valve solenoid.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2015, 09:18 AM
    You probably need to clean it. The drain will get clogged with dirt and food pieces like peas. Remove the cover to the freezer coils and clean out the drain pan and line. The best way to do this is to take it outside and use a water hose to blow it out. Then you want to spray down the condenser coils with soap and wash them out. Also, wash off the fan blades on condenser fan. You will have to remove the back cover to clean it and pull out the drain pan on some models. Clean it all out with bleach and liquid soap and rinse well and you will have a like-new refrigerator. It will not hurt it to lay the unit down, if necessary, in order to clean it. It's an old myth that this will harm anything. Here are some manuals: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rigerators.zip

Mar 29, 2015, 03:42 AM
    Bob,

With the water line off, water still leaches into the refrigerator. Also, several bottles of liquids (OJ, Milk, Ice Tea) will start to freeze.

The water at the bottom of the refrigerator also freezes over.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2015, 06:34 PM
    The last problem is a separate problem probably caused by too much air coming through the vent from the freezer. You need to clean it and then adjust the air flow to raise the temp to about 38 degrees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak in ge profile refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE side by side profile fridge/freezer model PSG29NHM. It has a water leak problem to do with the ice maker or water dispenser. I can't see where the water is coming from even when I wheel out the fridge, all I know is that when I turn of the tap on the wall the water the leak stops. There...

Refrigerator water line leak [ 9 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model TFH30PR that developed a leak. The water line within the refrigerator that leads to the water dispenser developed a crack at the very beginning where it was connected to the inlet line I presume after a dual solenoid valve. I cut the cracked tubing off and...

Water line leak on refrigerator [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Kenmore model# 25351622101. We have a small hole in one of the plastic tubes that I finally located in the back bottom area by taking the (cardboard)panel off the back. As soon as I press the water dispenser it sprays water from this spot. Is there a way to repair this tube without...

Refrigerator water line leak [ 10 Answers ]

I have a LG side by side refrigerator, model #LSC27910TT. The water line to the water dispenser in the freezer door is leaking. I have a constant drip at the water line's lowest point which is where the water line comes out of the freezer door then travels underneath the unit. There's a...

View more questions Search