Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2015, 10:34 AM
    How long does it take hair to grow
    So my hair is pretty dead, I have dyed it 4 times in the past three two and a half years and I straighten it almost every day. I really would like to have my natural hair colour back as soon as possible. I plan to let my hair grow out until it is at my shoulders and cut the dyed half off. I just want to know approximately how long it will take. I past dyed my hair about 5 or 6 weeks ago and my roots are about 1 and 1/5 to 2 inches long. How long do you think it will take to grow to my shoulders? And do you have any tips on how to make it grow faster?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 23, 2015, 03:27 PM
    Only you know the distance to your shoulders. One inch a month might be about right, but everyone is different. It depends on genetics, good health and eating habits, and hormones. The only one you can control is what you eat. Cut it now! Short hair can be very attractive.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 23, 2015, 03:30 PM
    How long is your hair now? I believe hair generally grows about a half inch a month, you could do the figuring to see what time frame your looking at. Also - it's a good idea to trim your damaged colored ends while your growing it out. Split ends can travel up the hair shaft and make it easier for the hair to break off. Be gentle to your hair!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will it take to grow my hair out 6 inches? [ 7 Answers ]

So a few months ago I got about 9 inches of my hair cut off and its now a slightly angled bob. It was a nice change for a bit but now I am annoyed with 1) how hard it is to make it look good 2) how little I can change it up from day to day with so little hair 4) how I'm starting to realize my long...

How to grow relaxed hair long [ 1 Answers ]

Im to below shoulder blade and I want to grow my hair about to waist length in one year. I'd like to know what kind of regiment or wtv I could do to make it grow as possible!! Thanks for you help

How long does it take to grow at least 6 inches of hair [ 2 Answers ]

I don't use any hear products or brush it when wet. I use TreSemme shampoo and conditioner for dry or damaged hair every other night, but rinse it with water from the shower every night. I wear it in a messy bun almost every day and if I straighten my bangs I use TreSemme hear protectant. I drink...

How to grow my hair so extremely long? [ 2 Answers ]

My hair was all the way down to my hip and I thought that short hair with cute bangs would look cute!. But nope.. I am desperate for help!(:)

After years of dying my hair I'm finding it hard to grow and I've always had long hair h [ 3 Answers ]

After years of dying my hair, it just doesn't grow as fast as it used to, I've been trying to grow out layers for about a year and its taking along time. I just want my hair long all the one length . Does anyone know of any product that would enhance hair growth? Cheers nutleg xx

View more questions Search