Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LBEdwards2014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2015, 09:29 PM
    New Mother Cat! Help!
    Mom delivered 5 kittens total 2 days ago. She continues to bring just one to me and she will drop him in my hand or lap then immediately take him back. This has happened several times and she woke me this morning with him in my bed! He seems healthy and she continues to care for him and nurse him but why is she doing this? Is something wrong? What should I do? She is a first time Mom so could this be part of the problem?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2015, 05:23 AM
    It is possible that there is a problem with that kitten, and she is trying to make you aware, it is hard to say.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2015, 12:17 PM
    Is it possible that she is not happy with the area her little box is in? As she is taking him back to the litter I wonder if she wants to be closer to you. I think you should spend some time observing them and see if indeed the little one is getting enough milk. Pick up the kitten in question and compare him to each of his siblings. She may be bringing the healthiest one and one of the others may be struggling. It really does sound like she's trying to draw you closer to her though. The question is, why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing a mother cat [ 3 Answers ]

My cat gave birth to two kittens yesterday. She is a very young mother, and we are proud of her cause she is being very good. My question has to do with her hygiene. She has white fur on her back legs and it became very stained with red throughout the birthing process. We cleaned the blanket and...

Mother cat still nursing [ 1 Answers ]

My Kittens are four weeks old, and the mother is still nursing them.. I have put food out for them, however, the mother quickly eats it... If I keep putting food out, she keeps eating it all... Is it to early to wean them?

Mother cat [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has just had kittens two weeks ago,and has fleas can I treat the cat and the kittens or just the cat.

New mother cat and her kittens [ 2 Answers ]

:) :rolleyes: Can we move a new mother cat and her first litter of kittens? They are less then 24 hours old But it is not safe outside . There is a stray cat who had kittens about 8 weeks ago and she is fighting with the new mother cat and Im afraid she will kill thes new kittens. HELP

Mother cat [ 4 Answers ]

How do you tell if a mother cat is producing milk for her new borns

View more questions Search