Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asher1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2015, 08:13 AM
    Auto insurance
    Can I put my 29 year old daughter on my auto insurance if she lives in a different state and not with me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 08:20 AM
    First where do you live?

In America, most car insurance will cover any driver that may use your car, if they are not part of the household. If I came to visit and you let me use your car, I would be insured under your policy.

Unless you have a policy that specifically does not insure anyone that is not listed but that is very unusual to have that.

Unless she is a regular driver of the vehicle. For example, she comes and stays with you and drives your car every two weeks. Or you have her a car and she took it to her home.

First not really enough information to give good answer, Second really this is a question where you pick up the phone and call your agent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 08:38 AM
    You expect her to be covered in her car in another state? Or just your car when she is in your state driving your car? You better call YOUR insurance agent to see what good that does.

He will know what YOUR state does allows, and doesn't allow. I fail to see the purpose, really. Please explain your motives, and objectives in more detail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to let an auto insurance company know that I aam go to sue for auto accident [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a car accident and received several ijuries 4 hernaited disc to my neck and one herniated disc s-1 and bulging disc l-5 and at t12 bulging disc. And a couple of months later I was rear ended by another driver she admitted fault to her insurance company can I sue for aggrevation of previous...

Auto insurance? [ 6 Answers ]

My car insurance has not been paid since I relocated, but can I file hail damage. It has not lapse

Auto Insurance [ 16 Answers ]

For someone that is 22 year-old, is having his the last semster in college ( Won't be a student after this semester)... what is the best auto insurance package? Is that a good idea to be part of my parents' policy? Can he still be part of his parents' policy? What will happen after he graduates in...

View more questions Search