Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slaythrax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2015, 11:59 PM
    Is it time to start losing weight? (pics)
    I could be in denial because I don't I look that bad.

5'6 220lbs

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123540...n/photostream/

NEOooo1234567 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2015, 12:08 AM
    Keep healthy !
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 19, 2015, 04:57 AM
    What's not so healthy is that much too tight pair of pants.
    Do you eat healthily and get exercise? Right amount of sleep? Enough water?
    Don't worry about that weight. It depends on how you feel, and if you have trouble attracting someone to love.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 07:06 AM
    It all depends on how you carry your weight. You have belly fat, and extra padding all over, but is it time to start losing weight? If you're living a healthy life style then I would so no. I think it is more dependent on your lifestyle and not your weight.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 09:45 AM
    How old are you, and what kind of work do you do? How do you feel? If you are 50 or older, have a stress test done with a full blood workup for the best evaluation, and lose the jeans.

High blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke potential are common for guys that look like you. Did I mention lose the tight jeans?

Talaniman Rule-If they don't fit around the belly button COMFORTABLY, don't wear them.

Your doctor can guide you to a healthier diet, and you should listen and obey.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 10:01 AM
    Wearing pants that actually fit may make you look a bit smaller.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2015, 11:00 AM
    Using BMI tables(Body Mass Index) at 5'6" and 220 indicates 35.5. Anything over 30 is considered obese. As to how healthy you are we don't know. However, with a BMI this high, you can probably anticipate aging issues, diabetes, heart problems, joint complications. A balanced weight reduction program including exercise would most likely be beneficial. Good Luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

Talaniman Rule-If they don't fit around the belly button COMFORTABLY, don't wear them.
    Belly button! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! Thanks for the laugh Tal. You always know when to throw a good one out there! ;)
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Using BMI tables(Body Mass Index) at 5'6" and 220 indicates 35.5. Anything over 30 is considered obese. As to how healthy you are we don't know. However, with a BMI this high, you can probably anticipate aging issues, diabetes, heart problems, joint complications. A balanced weight reduction program including exercise would most likely be beneficial. Good Luck!
    BMI is a population statistic and falls apart when you start to use it on a individual scale. It doesn't take into account a persons frame, muscle mass, bone density, or other factors that skew the results. John Goodman and Arnie could have the same BMI, Circa the first Terminator movie, but quite different physiques. A trip to the doctor will give the proper idea of how much body fat and how fit a person is. The BMI will lead you down a rabbit hole where precious little good can come.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 04:30 PM
    The pants are way too tight. Wearing pants that are the right size would help you keep the belly fat tucked in a bit.

You do have excess fat in your stomach. If anything I think you need to work out to tone, not necessarily lose weight.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    The pants are way too tight. Wearing pants that are the right size would help you keep the belly fat tucked in a bit.

You do have excess fat in your stomach. If anything I think you need to work out to tone, not necessarily lose weight.
    Work out to tone ! This fellow needs some serious stomach crunches, but stomach fat is the hardest to lose once it gets up steam. He also needs to see a doctor to make sure he can actually do any cardio and when and how much. In essence he needs a good trainer to set up a regime of good diet and exercise after approval from his practitioner.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Work out to tone ! This fellow needs some serious stomach crunches, but stomach fat is the hardest to lose once it gets up steam. He also needs to see a doctor to make sure he can actually do any cardio and when and how much. In essence he needs a good trainer to set up a regime of good diet and exercise after approval from his practitioner.
    That goes without saying, or at least I though it did.

Actually, belly fat isn't that hard to loose. It's one of the easiest body parts to slim down, with the right diet and exercise.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 20, 2015, 02:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That goes without saying, or at least I though it did.

Actually, belly fat isn't that hard to loose. It's one of the easiest body parts to slim down, with the right diet and exercise.
    Losing belly fat through diet and exercise is an age thing. Easy when young, very difficult over 50!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why cant I keep weight on,and why am I losing it all the time [ 0 Answers ]

I use to weigh 250lbs for the last year in a half I've,e been losing weight.and when I do gain weight I lose it right away. Can not keep it on. My height is 5-5 age is 49 years old now I weigh124.1 I can not figure it out.

Losing weight [ 7 Answers ]

Hello!! :D :D :D I'm 13 year old girl. And id love to lose some weight! Hehe.. im around 146cm-150cm I hve no idea actually :p and I weigh like.. 42.5kg? But then I juts had a massive meal and now I weigh 43.6kg! :SSSS! Hehe.. um id just like some tips on losing some weight. I used to do a LOT of...

Losing weight with out losing my boobs. [ 4 Answers ]

I was talkn to my mom the other day and I told her I wanted to get rid of my tummy fat and just tightn it up. You know get in shape in all that. But she told me if I work out and lose my weight that I would also lose my boobs as well. Is that true?

Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

View more questions Search