Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HaleyDuggan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2015, 04:20 PM
    Birth Control Timing
    I usually take my birth control around 6 AM every morning, but on Monday I took it around 10 PM that night because I forgot to take it. The next morning (Tuesday) I took it at 6 AM, my usual time. At about 11 AM Tuesday morning my partner didn't pull out in time, and now I'm worried. Should I buy the plan B pill or should I be worried at all?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2015, 04:55 PM
    No form of birth control is 100% effective. If you're on the pill and only on the pill, pregnancy is possible. It's best to use at least 2 forms of birth control to prevent pregnancy, but even then pregnancy can happen, to anyone.

You essentially missed a day of your pill and then doubled up. That's what it boils down to. Your partner didn't wear a condom, relied on the pull out method (not a method at all) instead.

What is the time frame since he ejaculated in you? The morning after pill becomes less effective the longer you wait.

If I were you I'd take it (and realize that even it isn't 100% effective), but that's the only advice anyone can give. It's really up to you.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth defects caused by birth control? [ 2 Answers ]

I start taking the birth control that call I.U.D that last for five years, in February of last year while I was on it (I.U.D )two months later I found out that I was pregnant! 9 months later had my later had my little princess, comes to fine out her left hand & fingers had not grown out at all if...

Birth defects caused by birth control? [ 1 Answers ]

I was taking birth control pills then went to switch my birth control to the implanon that is inserted in your arm about a week ago, yesterday I learned I was pregneat, is there a chance of birth defects?

Does the board control blower timing and shut down on rudd furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Myfurnace runs too long blowing cold air, does the card control the time or is there another device that does the yellow light blinks

Taken off birth control, possibly conceived, back on birth control? [ 9 Answers ]

So, the day my period ended I ended up having unprotected sex, and a week later started feeling really sick to my stomach, I could smell everything, I had horrible headaches, I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat, I was moody all the time, all the typical signs, except no missed period. I took a...

Missing birth control - ovulation timing? Chances of pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

So here is my situation... any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been on because for about 8 years. About two weeks into my pack (rougly 03/16) I lost it and therefore stopped taking the pill. My boyfriend and I had sex everyday (without protection) from about 03/30 - 04/08. On...

View more questions Search