Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2015, 05:53 AM
    Harmful Affects from Bone Scan and Digital Mammogram Test
    I have to take Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), bone density study. I, also have to take Digital mammography test.

I am concerned about the harmful effects, whether from radiation or other things. In your opinion, what are some of the best ways to protect myself; whether I should space the tests a week apart, etc.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 17, 2015, 06:12 AM
    Believing you will be harmed from a bone density test or a mammogram is archaic. You will not come to harm from either.

Has your doctor actually scheduled you for both in the same day ? If it eases your mind, have them scheduled a week apart then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heel Bone Density Test [ 1 Answers ]

When you take the bone density test where you put your heel in the machine and it said you are at a normal range or acceptable range or no risk range, does that mean you do not have osteoporosis? Any tips will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Scan shows baby test says no [ 1 Answers ]

Need help asap, had a routine gnae app yesterday about period like cramps they done an internal scan and the doc assured me I was pregnant , the did a blood test and came back negative , they said it could be a fluid filled sac nowy head is every where, there taking me down next week for scan and...

Bone scan [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I'm pregnant and need a bone scan. What are the effects? Should I not do it?

Vicodine and Norcos affects on hair folical test [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to let my empoyer know of my Vicodine prescription last month before my hair folical test next week? Also how do vicodine or norcos show on the hair folical test can they see it was a prescribed narcotic or does it register as illegal?

View more questions Search